Well trust me, you'll see more of that! I am just so addicted to highlighting I am "just starting" to collect highlighters!
One of the well-known highlighters in the market, and I would mark this as: "I can't believe I only got this highlighter now!" highlighter from The Balm!
The Balm Mary-Lou ManizerDon't ask me who "Mary Lou" is but she is definitely a fine yong lady who gives me the glow I want!
The packaging is just like that of a powder compact but it contains all "highlighting beauty"!
It contains soft, shimmering champagne color that works so well on users with light to medium skintone! Darker skin may still use this but it will turn out way more obvious than the subtle glow we all want!
Immediately used it as seen on my previous tutorial and I'm loving the result!
The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer says ---
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle glow.
AMW says ---
- Fun packaging!
- Easy to use.
- Gives a subtle yet very nice glowing skin in an instant.
- A little goes a long way
- Would work for all skin types! Yes, even oily skin!
- Can double up as eyeshadow or highlighter.
- Can also work to apply on top of your favorite lip color for that extra pout.
- No glitters or obvious sparkles.
- You can adjust intensity of the highlighter.
- The texture has a nice buttery-feel.
- The effect on camera is amazing! Seems like I have perfect skin.
- The sheen maybe too obvious/fake looking if users have medium dark to dark skintone.
- May emphasize pores if not applied properly.
- Price. But totally worth it if this product works for you.
A very good highlighter if you are going for that obvious glow! Works for light to medium skin!
- Use a dense brush for more obvious glow.
- You may also use your finger to apply it on key areas and blend out using a clean brush.
- Best used on top of your cheekbones, on the bridge of your nose, on cupid's bow and the chin!
- If you have oily skin, apply only at 1 area of your face. (Tip: cheekbones) Try to steer clear from applying anywhere on the T-zone or even near it!
- If you have large pores, do not forget to "prime" your face well with either a skincare or primer, set with foundation and powder before you top with The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer.
- Less is more, try not to apply too much! Best area to apply? With window facing you or with ample light source! If you apply this in the dark, you tend to apply more than usual!
- For a more natural good-looking skin effect, dust a little amount of this product all over your face with a big powder brush!
Yes! Though I doubt I'll be able to finish this one!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Highlighter lovers! Let's all unite!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available on all Beauty Bar stores nationwide or online priced at Php945.00 (approx $21.47) each
Mug-shot photo of a gorgeous girl!
My favorite brush to use to apply on the area above my cheekbone is the Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush.
It grabs the right amount of product at the same time diffuses into a natural glow when buffed into the skin.
Using my fingertip, I apply a small amount on the bridge of my nose.
And a little on my chin! Here's how my skin looks "fake-healthy"!
On natural sunlight, the product is almost invisible but my skin looks nevertheless healthy and glowing!
Personally speaking, this works almost as close as the Benefit's Watts Up Highlighting Cream! The effect is almost similar but this one comes in powder form which is fool-proof even for first time makeup users!
Have you tried The Balm products?
What other The Balm products would you highly recommend?