Happy Monday AMW Friends! I am so excited to share another "brow product" discovery!
Tony Moly 7 Day Tatoo Eyebrow! As much as I would like to continue typing Tatoo (with a single "t") it will be the last as I will type it with the correct spelling starting now!
So the TonyMoly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow pen I would say is like the K-Palette one or if you are an international reader, this must be a cheaper alternative of the much coveted Suqqu Liquid Eyebrow Pen! (Lisa Eldridge use this a lot and other YouTubers!)
I haven't tried or doesn't even know how I can own a Suqqu Pen unless I visit Japan again (ahem! Calling Mr. AMW!) but for now, I'll review this product without much comparison! I won't even try to compare this to the K-Palette one because, well, they aren't the same in terms of the shades I own! The K-Palette one I own is really light while this one I have from Tony Moly is a tad bit darker! Let's say more of a medium brown shade.
I have full brows by the way so Eyebrow pens aren't my thing, I'm more of a brow powder, brow gel or pencil type of gal but for the sake of review and because I was really intrigued on how "pigmented" yet inexpensive this product is, I gave it a go!
I believe Tony Moly created 2 shades: 01 for Natural Brown and 02 for Dark Brown. The name says it all! 01 for users with light-colored hair (which I should've gotten this shade!) and 02 for users with medium to dark colored hair.
Tony Moly says ---
Eyebrows take important place in determining an impression of one's face. Women cover their face with make-up and draw beautiful eyebrow to look neat and clean. However, when make-up is erased, what are you going to do with that half eyebrow or Mona Lisa's eyebrow?
Tony Moly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrow will solve this problem for you. Be an eyebrow beauty by tattoo type eyebrow that you can easily draw without pain and it lasts for a week.
Hypoallergenic. Lasts 3-7 days once conveniently draw your eyebrows, even after washing your face at night.
AMW says ---
- Easy to use.
- The applicator is soft and very easy to use.
- The effect is very natural and looks like real brow hairs.
- Water-resistant. I didn't say water-proof because if you rub the area a bit harder than usual with water, some of the product will come off. But good enough for swimming! (I did not tested this by swimming but I did took a shower with this product on! The product remain intact even after shower)
- Easy to remove with regular eye makeup remover! I assume this product can last max of 7 days, I thought it would be a pain to remove! It wasn't!
- The product says 3-7 days, I would say for our weather and depending on the user's skin condition, a day is max!
- Only 1 shade available.
- You have to follow up with brow powders or brow gel if you have extremely dark brows like I do. Which I don't mind the extra step by the way.
I have read so many positive reviews on Suqqu Liquid Brow Pen which I am lemming for but I guess this is the "save" version! The mid-range version would be K-Palette (which I love too!). This product is nice to have especially if you don't have enough brows! This will do the trick creating fuller looking brows without looking fake.
- Apply with very light-hand motion, pressing hard will create "obviously drawn marks".
- Apply with short-feather strokes. Imagine trying to mimic your brow hairs.
- If you have extremely dark brows like I do, follow up with a light colored brow powder or brow gel.
- If you have extremely oily skin, it helps to dust the brow area with translucent, oil-absorbing face powder! It will help absorb extra moisture so the Tattoo Eyebrows will stay longer!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Works so much better for users with sparse or incomplete brow hairs.
Where to purchase and how much?
At Tony Moly stores priced Php398.00 (approx $9.00).
Twitter and Instagram: @TonyMolyPH
Application: AMW Style
I always like to start from the center of my brows drawing with the same direction as the growth of my brow hairs! I hold the pen from the center or sometimes, farther near the end for a more natural effect.
Once I reach the inner corner of my brows, I change the direction of my application, instead of going sideways, this time, the application is going upwards (again, same direction as the growth of your brow hairs)
Before and AfterAs you can see, the effect is very unnatural because I have extremely dark brows! What I would usually do is follow up with brow powder application to fill-in the rest of the gaps and finalize with a brow gel to "color or tint" my brows to a lighter brown shade!
Overall, I am very happy with the packaging and the brush of Tony Moly 7 Days Tatoo Eyebrows considering the price tag! I will definitely go back to Tony Moly store and pick the shade 01 because I believe that shade would look way much better on me!
How do you find the Tony Moly 7 Days Tattoo Eyebrows?
Will you use liquid brow pen or stick with your usual pencils, powders or gels?