It's a recipe day today! I am so excited to share to you another #AMWCooks dish because I love this dish so much I wouldn't mind eating this daily! And what I love most about this dish is how easy it is to do even for the "busy" guys and girls!
Oriental-Style Tofu Dish
I call this as simple as Oriental-style tofu dish because I honestly wanted to go this Mapo Tofu, I can't, because this definitely isn't spicy at all! I can't cook spicy food because whatever I cook for the Mister, the Toddler eat it too! So I try to whip up healthier dishes as much as possible!
- Firm tofu. I buy mind from the supermarket (SM) that has Korean writings! I find this tofu doesn't taste sour as some of the instant tofu you get in supermarket.
- Ground Pork
- Onion and Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oyster Sauce and Hoisin Sauce. (I buy Lee Kum Kee)
- Soy Sauce
- Corn Starch
- Slice the firm tofu in small cubes, set aside.
- Sauteed onion and garlic in oil until garlic turned golden brown and onions transparent.
- Cook ground pork.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add a cup of water and pour in soy sauce, oyster sauce and Hoisin Sauce to taste.
- Add salt and pepper and adjust sauce mixture to taste.
- One happy with the taste, bring the sauce to boil and pour in tofu.
- Let it simmer for a couple of minutes, add water if you want more sauce to your dish.
- Turn the heat high, pour in cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Optional: I also like to use this as a "filling" for fresh lettuce leaves!
Share to me your thoughts and ideas on how YOU cook your tofu !