I have shared to the world so many times my love for TOFU dishes. I love them so much I wanted to recreate my favorite Tofu Steak in Chinese restaurants so many times and it was last week that I finally made it right!
- Firm tofu sliced in cubes.
- Break crumbs
- All Purpose Flour
- Ground Pork
- Green Bell Pepper
- Onion and garlic.
- Salt and Pepper
- Soy sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Cornstarch slurry
- Rice wine
- Handle each tofu cube gently, wrap it with all-purpose flour, dip it in egg and break crumbs.
- Pan fry each tofu cubes until golden brown.
- Let it sit on a strainer to retain its crispy texture.
- On a separate pan, sauteed onion, garlic and chopped green bell peppers.
- Add ground pork and let it completely cook.
- Strain out excess oil if necessary. Pour water with mixed with soy sauce, hoisin sauce and oyster sauce.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste and a little bit of rice wine (if applicable).
- Mix cornstarch slurry and serve tofu slices drizzled with ground pork sauce on top.
Quick and easy!
Let me know if you want more easy-to-do recipes like this! :D