Aahh, a foundation for a review. It's been awhile right? This time, what makes it even more special is for the fact that I am reviewing a pricier foundation for a change! Have I been reviewing so many drugstore foundations lately? Well, I know you gals, you always wanted the inexpensive route but going back to my "note to self", it is okay to spend a bit more on makeup that covers your entire face (aka FOUNDATION).
The Guerlain Lingerie De Peau has earned raves and positive reviews from fellow Beauty Bloggers across the globe. As always, I seldom just agree with them considering the fact that I'm living in a microwave oven! *laughs* As much as I don't like to wear foundation on a daily basis, this is one makeup product that I really depend on during special occasions or when I know I need to look at least half decent that I originally am!
Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Says ---
Guerlain’s Lingerie de Peau Natural Perfection Foundation SPF 20 enhances the complexion for a perfect, long-lasting, and natural-looking result on all skintones. This foundation contains SPF 20 and its fresh, light texture glides onto the contours of the face like a second skin to enhance your natural beauty all day long. It's formulated with Guerlain Technology and Bio-Fusion micro-mesh, a combination of contouring and smoothing stretch fibers that are infused with natural silk and linen fibers so that they're in perfect affinity with the skin. Hydrating agents provide softness and comfort throughout the day.
-Titanium Dioxide 3.16%-Octinoxate (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate) 3%
Water, Methyltrimethicone, Dimethicone, Alcohol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Mica, Phenyltrimethicone, Silica, Acrylates Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Stearic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lecithin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sericin, Hydroxycitronellal, BHT, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract, Sorbic Acid, [+/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].
AMW says ---
- Glass packaging.
- Comes with a pump so it is easy to control the amount of product to be dispensed.
- Easy to blend.
- Thin liquid consistency making it easy to blend.
- Pigmentation is build-able.
- Can create light to medium coverage.
- Does not settle into fine lines, pores or other skin issues.
- Has a dewy, demi-matte finish.
- Can be worn on its own if you have normal and dry skin.
- Last the whole day!
- Can cover certain skin issues like redness and undereye darkness.
- A bit tricky to choose the right shade. Either too cool or too warm.
- Limited shades. Darkest shade is 03 Natural which is still too light to most Filipinas.
A light to medium coverage natural-looking foundation. Gives a radiant glow from within but very sheer to look at like you're not wearing foundation at all.
- Apply using your fingertips and gently dab with brush for heavier coverage.
- To lessen pigmentation, blend with a wet sponge or beauty blender.
- Best to set with loose powder or setting powder if you have combination or oily skin.
- Can be worn alone for users with dry and normal skin.
- Apply first on areas that needed most coverage like the center of your face.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Liquid foundation wearers who prefer the "your skin but better" look.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Guerlain Counters priced around Php3,750.00 (approx $83.00).
This is a newly reformulated Lingerie De Peau so they also changed the look of the glass packaging.
Feel free to research the old look but I like the new look better.
The shade would be perfect for MAC NC15-20 users.
I prefer to use my clean fingers in dotting the foundation starting from the center of my face and use a dry sponge to gently pat and blend everything until demarcation marks are gone.
Before and After
The shade 02 Light is a bit light for me
but I don't mind since I always set with a shade darker powder foundation.
Notice: Clear, radiant skin. Redness at the center of my face were hidden and the dark undereye circles are visibly reduced.
Overall, I am happy with the feel and look of the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation. Hoping I get to grab my hands on more shade for clients who prefer the super natural yet-clean makeup look.
Have you tried this foundation?
Is this part of your wishlist?