Seeing the word "GEISHA" on a powder pact scared the MUA in me. I was seriously thinking, will I look extremely white wearing this? Should I even test this out?
Of course I did! The packaging won me over, and....
The tiny white dots that came with the powder that I felt would set this product apart from other powder pacts out there!
Geisha Niigata Malt Powder Pact
Available in 2 shades: Light Beige and Natural Beige
12g for Php599.00
12g for Php599.00
adapted traditional folk heritage and made malt pressed powder from fine blended from Niigata, Japan. High concentrations of malt extract contain rich nutrients and anti-oxidants to reduce aging genesis. It also delivers a smooth and natural finish to make up, reduces wrinkles and minimizes pore."
The shade I got for review is in shade Natural which is perfect for my complexion.
Swatch:The white dots doesn't mean the product is spoiled, it is actually a "brightening" powder flecks that helps create natural glow.
Once blended, the area applied with the Nigata Malt Powder is "brightened".
The product comes with a sponge (not the usual powder puff that are meant for powdered products). I find this time of rubber sponge will create medium to heavier coverage! So if you prefer to use this as a setting powder or just a powder with light coverage, use a separate powder puff or better yet, use a big fluffy brush.
Here are my thoughts on using the Cathy Doll Geisha Niigata Malt Powder in Natural Beige ---
- Definitely NO GEISHA effect. Does not create white cast.
- Skin looks even and areas around my face looks brighter and glowing.
- Does cover certain spots (redness). But won't cover dark cirles, so a separate concealer is needed for extra coverage.
- Can control oil around my T-zone yet, doesn't create dry patches on dry areas.
- The powder is finely milled making it so easy to use and blend.
- Gives a very natural finish.
- Since the product is made with Barley and Malt Extract, I felt my skin won't be harmed with other chemically-laden products.
- No skin irritations.
- The packaging is gorgeous!
Before and After
I personally think the Cathy Doll Geisha Niigata Malt Powder is a must try if you are a fan of pressed powder! On lazy days, I like to wear this alone and apply a bright lipstick and I can actually say...I look human! :D