Would you believe me when I say, I can actually pick a drugstore foundation even when I go on camera?
Remember my 2 guesting at Unang Hirit last December? Well, I actually picked a drugstore foundation called Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation as my base! So far, it works fine!
Why did I pick this foundation? Well, aside from the fact that it gives a matte finish, it is hydrating enough to use even on dry areas around my skin.
This product, according to Maybelline, is the first-ever hydrating matte foundation for 100% velvet-smooth perfected skin all day. I tested this so many times and I have to say, this is my favorite Maybelline foundation to date --- just because it is perfect for my skin type.
Maybelline says ---
Shades: Nude, Sandy Beige, Pure Beige, Natural Beige and Honey Beige
AMW says ---
- Tube packaging, very easy to control how much product to dispense.
- Easy to blend.
- Coverage can be controlled from light to heavy.
- Does not feel drying even on my dry spots.
- Dries to a soft matte finish.
- The effect is very natural and skin looks radiant and healthy.
- Can cover skin imperfections, can lessen dark undereye circles, red spots and certain pimple marks.
- No fragrance!
- Huge imperfections may be not completely covered, so a separate concealer is needed.
- Extremely oily skin users may find this a bit too "dewy" for them. Better use an oil-blotter or set with oil-control powder.
- Transfers, so better set with a translucent powder.
An inexpensive, smartly-packaged foundation to tote everywhere foundation that gives medium to heavy coverage!
- Best to try on testers because shade matching is really tricky. This particular foundation may oxidize to some so better try before you buy.
- An oil-control primer is your best friend if you have extremely oily skin.
- Don't forget to set this with setting powder, no matter what your skin type is as this product will transfer on clothing.
- Best applied with a brush or sponge.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
All skin types! But proud to say, this works even for users with dry skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Maybelline counters priced at Php499.00 (approx $11.00)
Swatch : Natural Beige
Natural Beige is a warm tone color that is a nice perfect match on my skin.
For application, I like to use the Nippon Teardrop Sponge, applied dry for better coverage.
Before and AfterThe effect is very natural and application is even. I like how it keeps my skin looking like "skin" coverage certain redness on the sides of the nose, cheeks and undereye darkness.
Half Face Test
Overall, I am very happy and this is actually a nice daily foundation due to its' lightweight texture and feel.
Have you tried Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation?
What's your favorite Maybelline foundation to date?