The best way to show your mom how much you love and appreciate her is to cook for her (if you are into cooking). One thing I didn't do so much for my mom is to cook for her! Because I grew up having her or my sister cook for us #luckyme
But after turning into a mom myself, I realized I need to use my knowledge in cooking and share it to my own family! (May talent din pala ako sa cooking guys!)
I am definitely not a "Chef-kind-of-girl" but I am definitely a cook that can whip up easy-yet-warm-to-the-tummy dishes! Everything I cook takes less than 45 minutes because I'm always in a rush! I recently shared my Chicken Fajitas recipe on Instagram Stories and I was overwhelmed with the request I get to share this simple recipe!
Pardon the photos because I only use cellphone camera, who in the world can hold a DSLR camera while cooking? (If you can --- I salute you!)
Chicken Fajitas ala AMW
- Boneless Chicken Thighs or breasts
- Old El Paso Fajitas (bought at Robinsons Supermarket)
- Large Onion
- 1 Large Green or Red Bell Pepper (both are better so your dish is more colorful)
- Salt, pepper
- Mushrooms (optional
- Cream Cheese
- Sour cream
- Powder Garlic
- Broth from the Chicken
1. Marinate the chicken cubes with a tablespoon or 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and seasoning (I used Maggie Magic Sarap)
2. Seal everything in a resealable plastic bag.
3. In a large pan, saute chopped onions, peppers and mushrooms until crisp. Set aside.
4. After minimum of 30 minutes marinating the chicken cubes, pour in a hot pan with a bit of oily and cook the chicken.
5. Remove excess marinade and cook until chicken turns white.
6. Pour in the vegetables.
Time to make the garlic dip!
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and yoghurt with a tiny amount of milk.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in a bit of the marinade that was removed from the chicken.
- Put the dip in the fridge for a couple of minutes to an hour to cool it.
Now, you're ready to scoop the chicken filling and add a bit of your garlic dip! VOILA! This was a winner!
It was a first for me to try this recipe and it was a huge hit! My sister-in-law even commented that this tastes even better than the ones she had in restaurants. :)
Have a wonderful cooking session with your loved ones!
Happy Mother's Day!