I could never imagine myself buying "expensive" water. As what I call Evian mists and everything more expensive than that LOL Not until I watched Youtube videos and read beauty blogs. Everyone's been raving about the MAC Fix+ and the MAC Charged Water. I've done a lot of research (and trust me, I am a researcher by profession hahaha) and I finally gave in. A spray that seals in moisture? I am game!!!!
MAC Charged water are available in different variants
I chose the Peach Colored one because of it's Anti-oxidant factor.
And of course, a lot of people chose this over the others :D
MAC Charged Water Says ---
"Charged water, fused with vital ions from rhodochrosite to create a powerfully protective hydrating mist to help defend the skin from environmental aggression. Packed with anti-oxidants, its peach-toned hue is imparted by the rhodochrosite itself. Its aroma, is a gentle blend of grapefruit mandarin.”
Water, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Rhodochrosite, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Salycylic Acid, Fragrance, Linalool, Citral, Limonene, Phenoxyethanol
Askmewhats Says ---
- has a "recharged" feeling because of the scent
- hydrates my skin (not as moisturizer) but after foundation application, there are some areas that gets flaky, and I spray with MAC Charged water and it's gone :)
- energizes me on those lazy morning! lol
- packaging is really nice, I like the lock feature of this by turning left
- you don't see immediate results <--- if you're expecting for one
- if sprayed too much, can cause stickiness
MAC Charged Water is one product I cannot give super good or super bad reviews. Because it is something that you can live without but something NICE to live with :) Am I confusing you ? hahaha I'd say, most hydrating sprays gets the job done energizing you because..hey! Imagine you spray water on your face??? But what I like about MAC Charged Water that cannot be dupe is their scent, the way it really can seal in the moisture because even with MMU foundation, I don't see as much flakiness as I have in the past :)
It does sets the make-up well and creates a dewy look.
- close eyes and spray a couple of inches away from your face
- I prefer to spray on this before moisturizing my face, spray a bit after to seal in the moisture
- after MMU foundation application, spray this on my kabuki brush and lightly buff it on the face
- or spray this directly on your face to set the make-up
- to save up, some people use Evian Brumisateur to set their make-up as it's cheaper compared to MAC or Bench Pure Mist (check my post about this here)
Depends, after I finish this up, I will use my MAC Fix+ and see which one I prefer
Where did I purchase and how much?
I bought this at MAC HK for less than Php1,000 (approx $20.00). This is also available at Local MAC Stores here in the Philippines.
Are you into "expensive waters"? lol
if not, I have a couple of cheaper alternatives to test on!
(there's Watson's, Bench Pure Mist, Evian...)
But I have only one face so give me some time,
I will definite revisit this product as soon as I finish this up!
Have a nice day ahead!
Energize people you meet by smiling at them!