When I chanced up a brand called "Nick Chavez Beverly Hills", I got excited as Beverly Hills reminded me of "Beverly Hills 90210" and the series reminded me of beautiful ladies with wonderful hair! Now, I don't know if it's even related but that's how my mind flies! lol
**photo from website
Nick Chavez Beverly Hills Flocker says ---
A state-of-the-art, fast-drying, texturizing and volumizing universal hair styling spray.
Adds lift, dimension, volume and style support to all hair types.
Can be used on wet or dry hair.
Water / Aqua, Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, VP/VA Copolymer, Dimethyl Ether, Propylene Glycol, Butane, PVP, Polysorbate-20, PEG-20 Almond Glycerides, PPG-5 Ceteth-20, Fragrance / Parfum, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzophenone-4, Tetrasodium EDTA, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate,
Benzyl Benzoate, D-Limonene, Lilial.
Highly flammable! Contains Alcohol. Keep out of reach of children.
Keep away from sources of ignition. Use only in a well ventilated area.
Pressurized container, protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperature exceeding 50°C. Do not pierce or burn, even after use. Do not spray on a naked flame or any incandescent material. Use only as directed. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling contents can be harmful or fatal.
Askmewhats says ---
- does not feel heavy on hair
- the volume came out naturally, like my hair is "newly" blow dried all day!
- does not make my hair dry
- my hair feels GORGEOUS!
- the "volume" lasts the whole day
- gives "volume" without using too much heat from blow dryers
- very light to non-existent scent
- not readily available locally, I'm not even sure it's readily available all over the US.
- if you're not used to putting products on your hair, this may not be exciting for you
When I got the chance to try on the Nick Chavez Beverly Hills in the Bottle for their "Volumizing" line, The "Flocker" is the first product I tried right away as I've got super layered cut and I find it a bit hard to "showcase" it as I've got my hair chemically straightened almost a year ago so the wonderful cut won't show.
I started by "not reading instructions" by spraying it straight to my hair and I know there must be something wrong with what I do. So I've tried it again the second time, shaking the bottle first, spray the product on my hand then flipped my head upside down and scrunch the product near my roots. I just blowdried my hair the usual and "voila"! Volume that doesn't scream 80s!!!
I believe having volume can only happen by teasing and loads of hairspray, I am glad I only need to do that on special occasion and I can always achieve the "uplift" daily sans the hairspray! Of course, you have to keep in mind that if you want to achieve a really strong "pouf", nothing can replace a hairspray!
- do not spray this directly onto hair, spray this onto the palm first, rub between your hands and gently massage this onto the "hair roots".
- though this product is work-able on both wet and dry hair, I personally like working this on dry hair
- start by using not too much and slowly add up, do not use too much as it could just cause product build up
- new to their products? Try their value sets
Will I repurchase?
I'd love to! Especially for my kind of hair cut, this product is wonderful!
Where to purchase and how much?
Online store USD20.00 (approx Php980.00) for 8oz.
The arrow pointing is the area I concentrated on the product, this hair do stayed the whole day! I only blowdried my hair with a round brush and used the "Flocker".
Hair color done at Univers Kaizen Salon
using Matrix ColorPro in Copper Brown
(love it that it has been 2 months and color is still fab!)
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!