When I reviewed MAC's Pink Nouveau lipstick last week, I got such exciting responses on the "dupes" (duplicates) from different brands. I really love it when AMW readers interact and share their thoughts on my site! THANK YOU ALL for that!
In today's post, I will be doing something different, I won't be posting brand and shade names of "dupes" for MAC's Pink Nouveau, instead, I will be doing is a review on a cheaper lipstick that has the same impact as the most coveted lipsticks out there! In short...Sexy Lip Color Minus the hefty price!
Doesn't that sound sexier?
I recently purchased a Daiso lipstick in PE-3 available at local Daiso Store. I seldom purchase random lipsticks from brands I haven't tried or heard but I got drawn to its unique shade. You'll know why! Just pucker up!
Daiso PE-3 Lipstick says ---
Sorry, I can't read Japanese, so I really can't tell.
AMW says ---
- very unique shade
- packaging is not bad at all
- no weird scent
- VERY drying
- enhances the lines and cracks of my lips
- not available anywhere, can only be purchased at Daiso stores
- made in China, led content could be a problem, so make sure to prime your lips to protect it
- alpha-numeric shade name which I find it too boring! "What's your lipstick shade?" "PE-3!" *gulps* Doesn't sound nice at all!
The shade PE-3 is a deep warm peachy-pink lipstick that has a stronger peachy tone once swatched or applied on lips. The shade, no doubt is really unique as I can use this alone on a bare face and it can still manage to brighten up the whole look. The thing I don't like about this lipstick is its "crayon-like" texture, very drying and enhances the wrinkles on the lips.
For it's price, it's inexpensive so there's no reason to whine. I can always take time to prep my lips prior to lipstick application and top it with my favorite lip gloss as the shade speaks for itself!
- use this lipstick alone ONLY if you have very soft and supple lips
- moisturize your lips several minutes prior to lipstick application, dab your lips with a tissue paper to prevent the lipstick from sliding once applied
- top with a clear gloss of your choice for a nice shiny lips
- use a lip brush for a more precise application (Thanks B for the Stila lip brush, I love it!)
Will I repurchase?No, I've seen the rest of the shades, not intrigued!
Where to purchase and how much?
At Daiso store for Php88.00 (approx $2.00)
Daiso Lipstick PE-3
Applied on hand without base
Applied on hand without base
The shade is "matte" in person, the flash from the camera showed a bit of shimmer
Applied on lips on prepped lips
*prepped lips: moisturized with Kiehl's no. 1 lip balm,
removing excess on tissue paper
Top with The Body Shop's Love Gloss
Now, the hunt continues...for an affordable "unique" lipstick shade minus the drying factor!
I'll definitely share what's on my map to stardom! *laughs* (Where did that come from?)
Keep smilin' everyoneStay happy!