When Bright Red lipstick was in, it took me a while to take the plunge and purchase my own MAC Russian Red! After my so-called "boldness" It was easier for me to give bright pinks a try when Barbie-pink lips are in! The most coveted Bright Pink lipstick (as they say) is MAC'S Pink Nouveau. Several actresses both locally and internationally have been sporting the bright pink lips! The Barbie-Pink lips has always been requested by my clients as well, so it won't hurt to own this "always out of stock" pink lipstick and tag this along with me on my make-up gigs.
According to MAC, this is a Bright Pink (Satin) shade
AMW says ---
- very pigmented
- a nice bright pink shade that's wearable even on day time
- nice matte looking lipstick that is easy to apply
- long lasting
- if you love MAC: It's MAC!
- if you have very dry lips, can accentuate the lines of your lips
- even if you don't have dry lips, this can be drying when worn alone
- very tricky to use as this shade (IMO) does not work well on all skin tone
- pricey for a tube of lipstick
- if you hate MAC: It's MAC! :P
If you are looking for an instant "lift" on your entire look and you're not comfortable wearing red, MAC's Pink Nouveau is the way to go. I know eyebrows are raised left and right at the moment, due to the price this is quite pricey I have to agree, but this has always been requested by my clients who knew about the "Pink Lipstick from MAC that Ruffa Guttierez (local actress/beauty queen) wore".
If you can afford the price, go for it, if not, there are always inexpensive alternatives out there that works just like a charm!
As stated on the "con" portion, this does not flatter all skin tone (In My Opionion). I find that this works really well for fair skin or dark skin but if you are more on the "yellow" undertone, this may look a bit bland or pasty on your entire look! Bear in mind that you can be creative and you can always mix and match your lipstick shades. Do try to complement this look with the right eyeshadow and blush! So go on with the practice!
If you have light colored lips, this will show up as a nice light, muted pink shade. If you have pigmented lips like yours truly, this will show up really bright (you can check out shade on my lips as you scroll down).
- make sure to prep your lips prior to application as this can magnify the cracks of your lips
- if you're using a very moisturizing lip balm, let it sit on your lips for a couple of minutes prior to application or the lipstick will slide off
- looks "blah" when worn alone but topped with a gloss, this looks very pretty
- use a lip liner to line your lips to create a fuller lips
- unsure with your hand's steadiness? Use a lip brush for a more precised application
- try to experiment with different "eye" looks as not all eye makeup work with this lip color!
- bought it and don't like this? Sell it! Or mix this with other lipstick shades!
- want cheaper alternatives? Look for "close" shades! I'm sure there are some!
- do not purchase this just because it's always Out of Stock (OOS) or because its the "in" shade. Purchase this after you tried it on your lips and liked what you see!
Will I repurchase?Yes, great pink lipstick to be part of my makeup train case!
Where to purchase and how much?
At MAC stores for Php950.00 (approx $21.00)
A close up look on MAC's Pink Nouveau on tube
Swatched on hand once
looks a bit shimmery due to lighting and camera flash
Applied on lips, this looks glossy as I prepped my lips with Kiehl's Lip Balm no. 1
I really can't apply this lipstick without moisturizing my lips!
True, this is always "almost" out of stock for the past weeks and months, but you can always call your MAC counter to check if they're available prior to visiting the counter. Oh yeah, do check out other brands and ask for "matte pink lipstick", who knows? You may like it even more!
I will be featuring a pink lipstick that's way cheaper that I found! Not the exact shade for Mac's Pink Nouveau but its a pretty pink shade! Do check back for the inexpensive pink lips!
Keep smilin'Stay happy!