Tinted moisturizers are slowly getting its fame because of the "no make-up" look that everyone's been sporting nowadays. Gone are the days of heavy foundation,with the "El Nino" phenomenon, it is but practical to apply lesser products especially on your face!
What's a Tinted Moisturizer?
A tinted moisturizer in simpler term is a combination of foundation and moisturizer. Unlike foundation, they come in smaller range of shades as they generally are sheer and build-able!
Unlike the simpler formulations of tinted moisturizers made in the past (in which I thought the products are only for immortals), companies nowadays are listening to the needs of the consumers thus improving formulations made for our needs!
Remember my post on Vitamin E a couple of days ago? I had fun reading comments from my readers and a lot of you commented on how great Myra VitaGlow tinted moisturizer is. I got intrigued and I did not hesitate to give this product its well deserved road test!
Myra VitaGlow says ---
Myra VitaGlow Tinted Facial Moisturizer is the latest addition to the Myra cosmetics line. This amazing product rolls 6 beauty benefits in one tube: it can serve as your moisturizer, make-up base/foundation, concealer, sunscreen, contains minerals for that glowing finish and has Vitamin E to nourish skin.
AMW says ---
- I can skip on moisturizer as this product is moisturizing enough for my dry/combination skin.
- Has added benefits of sun protection, Vitamin E and minerals.
- Works as good makeup base, my powder foundation stays longer and the number of times I retouch throughout the day is lessened.
- No allergies or skin irritations occur once I started using this product.
- Scent is not overpowering.
- Does not feels sticky or heavy on skin
- Has a nice glowing finish that doesn't look shiny or oily
- Has SPF 15 for that extra sun protection
- If applied alone: Gives a light coverage.
- If applied together with liquid/powder foundation: Gives a medium to heavy coverage
- Can minimize the darkness of my under eye circles and redness at the sides of the nose.
- Packaging is great, easy to tote along.
- The "tint" does not create a white cast on photos.
- Comes in 2 shades (Ivory and Beige) - most tinted moisturizers come in one shade only. Color blended well on my skin.
- Very affordable (Php135.00 only!)
- not all skin types would work well with having an "extra step" on your routine
- some who are used to higher SPF may find SPF15 not enough for them, I was told though that SPF15 is enough for daily use, the higher the SPF may cause product to feel sticky on skin.
It's a bit difficult to purchase a good tinted moisturizer that does not break the bank! I am glad Myra was able to come up with such product with a lot of added benefits! I found myself reaching out to this daily and dusting off with my favorite setting powder! Prep time in the morning is cut in half!!!
- Start to apply sparingly, applying too much may feel heavy on skin
- If you have super sensitive skin: test on the product below the ear and leave it overnight to see if skin irritations or reactions occur
- Application technique: can be applied with fingers, sponge or foundation brush (whichever you're most comfortable with)
- Make sure to apply with sanitized tools and fingers!
- If you find Ivory or Beige is a bit too light on you and you are on a darker skin tone, dust with a loose or pressed powder that's a shade darker than your skin (Perfect if you purchase a wrong shade in the past, time to bring it out!)
- Ivory suits people with lighter skin tone and Beige suits those with yellow undertone
Will I repurchase?
Give me some more time, I'll be doing a revisit a couple of weeks after and I'll let you know if there are any changes after longer usage.
Where to purchase and how much?
At leading groceries, department stores and drugstores for Php135.00 (approx $3.00) for 35ml tube
Myra VitaGlow Tinted Facial Moisturizer
Applied on hand and absorbed on skin
Before and after shot
The shade absorbs onto the skin naturally after several minutes
To those who plan to purchase, I hope you find this review helpful!
(This is a sponsored post.)