I've always associated Pond's with my "teenage" years. The moment I stepped in college, I was armed with Pond's products to help me breeze through college worrying about my studies rather than my skin! My skin has changed through the years, but that does not stop me from getting "intrigued" with new products produced from a brand close to my heart.
When I saw a commercial from Pond's for their new Pure White line, their deep cleansing foam with activated carbon caught my attention and what's even better? When I was invited to checkout how activated carbon can do our skin with a "mini experiment", I told myself I'll give this a try after I finished my Ecobeau Sample cleansing foam (to those who wonder, I do finish the product before I go to the next).
After 2 weeks usage. Here's my experience...
Pond's Pure White Deep Cleansing Foam with Activated Carbon says ---
Pond's reveals its little black beauty secret with the new powerful Pond's Pure White Facial Foam! It has the technology of activated carbon that attracts deep-seated "black" dirt caused by impurities, oil, and make-up to reveal a pure white you.
It is first of its kind to be formulated with activated carbon, which works with "black attracts black". Carbon when heated or "activated" becomes 8x porous; hence, increasing its ability to detoxify and gently exfoliate dead skin cells while retaining the needed moisture.
AMW says ---Pros
- creamy consistency and not rough at all as it does not have beads.
- only a little amount is needed to cover the entire face, saves a lot of product!
- skin feels really smooth
- foams up easily
- skin felt refreshed and cleansed thoroughly after wash
- skin does not feel tight as what I've been worrying about
- no breakouts nor skin irritations after using this product
- simple, eye-catching packaging
- removes most traces of makeup on the face area (except the eyes)
- inexpensive product that works!
- both men and women can enjoy this product
- available in trial sizes, I reckon all skincare companies should do so, for consumers not to spend too much money on products that do not work!
- scent, some may find this scent a bit too manly (I don't mind though, it works okay as hubby likes the manly scent)
- a grayish tint of facial wash that says "Pure White" takes a bit of time to get used to
I have been scared in using any facial wash because I've had a lot of bad experiences with facial washes! Most of the facial wash I've used stripped off my skin's natural oil and I ended up moisturizing a lot saving up on facial wash but spending more on moisturizer.
With the new Pond's Pure White Deep Cleansing Foam with Activated Carbon, I actually find this quite good to clean up the makeup and dirt on my face at the end of the day minus the dryness! The hubby is liking this product as well as he said it lessens the appearance of blackheads.
- if skin is super dry like mine, always follow with your favorite moisturizer to keep skin moist after wash
- if skin is normal/oily, do follow up with a moisturizer meant for normal/oily skin. Never skip moisturizer just because you think you have enough "moisture" on your skin.
- if you find that using this daily is too much for you, you can alternate this product with your favorite moisturizer. I use this usually at night time and use my regular moisturizing cleanser in the morning.
- don't want to waste your money? Purchase a trial size for only Php5.00 before you purchase the full size!
Where to purchase and how much?
At leading groceries, drugstore and department stores.
5 g for Php5.00 (approx $0.10), 10g for Php15.00 (approx $0.30), 50g for Php80.00 (approx $1.78) and 100g for Php150.00 (approx $3.33).
Sleek black shiny packaging, squeeze-y type tube like regular Pond's Facial Wash
A little goes a long way. Foam comes out with a hint of grey color
Thumbs up from Mr. and Mrs. AMW!
Have you gave this new product a try?
How's your experience?