I blogged about the Revlon Fire & Ice Collection Nail Polish a week ago and I reported to you that the polish shades have their matching lipstick partner. Finally, I am ready to review these after more than a week of usage! I tried alternating these shades daily to work so that I get the "feel" of these and give you a well-deserved review.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick says ---
Revlon is thrilled to re-introduce its infamous "lips and tips" pairings with the Fire & Ice Collection - 3 new shades in Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks: Siren, Temptress and Demure. Shades that pay homage to the classic colors that put Revlon at the forefront within the cosmetics realm.
Also included in this collection is a limited edition Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Fire & Ice housed in a one-of-a-kind vintage case. This collector's piece will feature the shade in a silver tube with original Revlon script across the gold band - a classic inside and out.
AMW says ---Pros
- The packaging for me is the best among all Revlon lipsticks. I can easily see the shade without looking at the bottom sticker or having to open cap.
- Cling-wrapped upon purchase to maintain freshness.
- Aesthetically, the limited edition vintage packaging can pass up for a high-end lipstick. Gorgeous color combination and gorgeous Revlon Logo emboss.
- Each shade comes off pigmented.
- The color lasts for almost half a day before re-application is needed.
- The lipstick itself is not too soft nor too hard, so it easily glides on lips without problems.
- The regularly packed Super Lustrous Lipsticks are priced quite right! Not too cheap yet not too expensive.
- Shades are not very unique and can be easily duped.
- Not as moisturizing especially for people with very dry lips.
- Does not last as long especially the "lighter shade", need to re-apply multiple times.
- The vintage packaging is priced quite expensively (if you purchase it as its original price). <-- checkout the note on how to purchase this cheaper.
I've done my research and I was amazed to learn that the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks have approximately 72 shades with different finishes! That's almost like MAC! I don't think we have all the shades down here but it'll be fun to see them all on display!
Oh, my overall thoughts on the 4 Super Lustrous Lipsticks I've tried? Well, it's half happy, half so-so. The light colored ones do not show up much on my lips because my lips are highly pigmented to start with! I am leaning onto the darker, heavier pigmented, matte shades as the colors are more vibrant and gives my face on overall "lift" without much make-up on the rest of my face.
- Prepare your lips prior to lipstick application by using your preffered lipbalm or lip gel, apply generously over lips and leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Dab excess balm with a tissue paper prior to lipstick application.
- If you are applying a heavily pigmented shade like Siren or Fire & Ice, use a lipbrush or small concealer brush for a more precised application.
- You can choose to use a similar shade lip pencil to make the lipstick last longer.
- Always store your lipsticks in cool, dry place to prevent lipstick meltdown especially our weather is getting crazy hot nowadays!
No, I will purchase Revlon Colorburst Lipstick or the Revlon Creme Gloss instead as its more moisturizing and perfect on my dry lips.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who loves the shades featured here and loves the packaging. I strongly recommend this to people who does not have much "alligator lips" issue. Don't get me wrong, these lippies are non-drying but they aren't as moisturizing! Nothing a good lip-prep can't handle though!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available in Watsons, Beauty by SM, Landmark, Robinsons, Metro Gaisano, Unimart, Sta. Lucia East and other major retailers nationwide. Suggested Retail price of Php450.00 (approx $10.00) for the regularly packaged colors (Siren, Temptress and Demure). The Limited Edition Superlustrous Lipstick Fire & Ice in Vintage Case costs Php925.00 (approx $22.00).
**Note from Revlon for Philippine Readers: For a minimum purchase of Php2,000 worth of Revlon Cosmetics locally, get the limited Edition Super Lustrous Lipstick in vintage case for Php500.00.
A closer look on the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks on tube
L-R Demure, Temptress and Siren
Swatched on 2x
L-R Demure, Temptress, Siren and Fire& Ice
Swatch on lips as is, no lip balm. Used an eye and makeup remover in between swatches (which made my lips drier!). Do bear with my dry lips, if it can talk, it'll complain!
A peachy nude shade with a nice satin finish.
It's actually nice when you plan to do dark eye makeup or smokey looks. Great for lazy days. On my lips, it actually made my original lip color lighter.
I think this shade would work perfectly well on people with medium to dark skin tone. Light skin tone ladies may look pale against this shade.
A baby pink shade with similar satin-y finish as that of Demure
On other people, I have a feeling this will turn out medium pink rather than light pink. Again, for reference, my lips are originally heavily pigmented so this turned my lips into a light, baby pink color instead of the natural medium toned reddish pink.
This shade works well on any skin color! This is a nice daily lip color that's perfect on any occasion. You just can't go wrong what a shade like this.
A creme textured lipstick that scream runway orange!
To other people, this will turn out really bright but for some reason, this turn out just right on me! It's definitely bright, but not traffic-cone type of brightness! Again, please bear in mind the pigmentation of my lips.
This shade would work best on anybody who wants to try the "fashionable orange lips" without the "stare at my lips" look! If your lips are light to start with, this may come off a bit too bright so you can always adjust the shade during application.
Shade: Fire and Ice
Creme textured lipstick that I call true RETRO Red!
Looking at the photo, it's actually nice! On regular days, I applied it with light hand as I don't want to go to work looking like Marilyn Monroe! I'll definitely reach out for this shade each time a client would request for the plain RED lipstick that can brighten up one's look! This I may have to say, is even better than MAC Russian Red in terms of moisture!
Out of the collection, I am quite surprised that I am liking Fire & Ice (coming from someone who's not into wearing bright red lipstick on a daily basis). My next bet would be Siren or Temptress depending on my mood weather I'm on the pink look or orange/peachy look! I have to give Demure a skip just for the fact it does not show much on me!
What's a promising shade for you?