A bottle of Shu Uemura High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil, my first cleansing oil experience ever! Then I moved on to the green version Shu Uemura Beauty Oil Premium A/O and I loved it so much I repurchased 2 bottles so that's a total of 3 Shu Uemura's full-sized cleansing oil.
The cleansing oil history continued when I randomly bought Yumei Nano White Deep Cleansing Oil because the sales lady at Bonjour Store in HK is a freaking good sales woman!
During my Seoul trip, I bought a couple of Korean brand cleansing oils and was able to hit the pan on Nature Republic Forest Garden Balancing Cleanser Oil (the cutest packaging ever!) then I went straight to Etude House Cleansing Dream Light Cleansing Oil which did not fail me base on price and performance! I still have one cleansing oil left, a souvenir from my trip called Innisfree which I'm saving up if I have no cleansing oil left for me to try!
I went back to western cleansing oil brand Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil and I am almost halfway done with the bottle! Since I love the product for its effectivity, I am saving it for my "heavier make-up application" days! On regular days, even with very light application of powder foundation, eyebrow pencil, gel liner and blush, I still prefer to use a cleansing oil for makeup removal as I want everything covered when it comes to cleansing! The thing is...if I continue this Cleansing Oil Lifestyle of mine, I may end up on streets with empty cleansing oil bottles! *laughs* "Wanna buy anyone?" :P
That's why I am so excited to try reasonably priced drugstore brand called Pure Beauty Perfect Cleansing Oil!
Pure Beauty Perfect Cleansing Oil says ---
- • For dry to normal skin
- Contains: Soybean Oil, Olive Oil and specially selected natural seed oils to help remove make-up, impurities and excess oil.
- Special formula to help soften skin and prevent dryness after use.
- A natural herbal complex (Lavender, Bergamot, Peppermint, Freesia, Chamomile and Rosemary Extracts) to provide a soothing and moisturizing effect to the skin.
AMW says ---Pros
- Nice, simple pump bottle with lock to prevent spillage.
- The product is good for 3 years upon opening, so you have enough time to finish this bottle!
- Texture is smooth and not too oily.
- With the right amount of product and correct massaging motion, can remove face makeup, eyebrow pencils, eye shadows and waterproof eyeliner without problem.
- Does not irritate my skin.
- No stinging (as long as you keep your eyes shut) and no blurring.
- Leaves skin soft and smooth after wash.
- May leave a few residue of waterproof mascara as I don't want to rub too much product on my eye area.
- The scent! This may not be an issue to others but I think I got a nose of a dog! Smells a bit like "cooking oil".
A great daily cleansing oil without breaking the bank! This feels like most Korean brand of cleansing oils the downfall would only be the scent!
from Pure Beauty
- Pump an appropriate amount onto the palms of dry hands.
- Gently smoth over dry face to dissolve makeup, dirt and other impurities.
- Wet face to emulsify cleansing oil and then rinse thoroughly with water.
- Use daily facial cleanser afterwards if needed.
- If you have super sensitive skin, test the product first behind the ear or around the neck area and check if the product causes itchiness or redness.
- If you have oily skin, you can opt for the Pure Beauty Perfect Cleansing Liquid.
- For the eye area: Close your eyes tight and gently massage the lashes. If this irritates your eye, you can skip this step and go for eye make-up remover for sensitive eyes prior to oil cleansing.
- I make sure to always clean up with your favorite facial cleanser just to make sure no oil nor make-up residue is left.
Will I repurchase?
To whom do I recommend this to?
Dry, normal skinned individuals who uses make-up on a daily basis. For oily skinned gals, no worries, you can still use this product as long as you follow up with a cleanser good for oily skin!
Where to purchase and how much?
At leading Watsons stores for approx Php300.00 (approx $7.00). Sorry, need to check the exact amount!
There's something about me with cleansing oils, I've used up 1/4 of the bottle! I guess I use this even if I don't put much make-up on as I want to remove the BB Creams underneath! A clean skin is definitely the biggest "ammo" to beautiful skin!
What's your most inexpensive cleansing oil to date?