Funny how a dry-skinned girl like myself would pick "powder foundation" anytime of the day because I'm just too lazy to stare at my face in a mirror and blend cream or liquid foundations! (I should be embarrassed saying this as I'm a makeup artist! lol)
Okay, to set the record straight, I LOVE doing other people's makeup but I am the laziest of all the lazy bums when it comes to applying makeup on myself!
That explains my love for powder foundations! It's easy to apply and I can get ready ready in 5 minutes! hehehe Come on, I'm a busy woman! *winks*
After I hit the pan with the Majolica Majorca Skin Remaker Pore Cover, it's time for me to move on and test on other products!
Benefit says ---This silky powder cover-up glides on naturally sheer and layers beautifully for customized coverage with SPF protection. Complete with brush and sponge and dual application lesson.
Size: 7.0g Net wt. 0.25 oz
AMW says ---Pros
- Cute, retro packaging that has a separate case for sponge.
- Mirror is huge enough to see your face! :)
- Comes with a thin, quality sponge PLUS brush!
- Powder is smooth and silky, easy to apply.
- Build-able coverage from light to medium.
- Does not oxidize.
- Does not cake.
- Feels light.
- Looks very natural and seamless.
- Gives a very matte finish but doesn't dry out my skin.
- Has SPF.
- This product can even out your skin tone.
- Since coverage is light to medium, heavy marks won't be completely covered. (read tip below on how to deal with acne and pimple marks.)
- Not refillable! Such a shame for such lovely packaging! :)
I have mix feelings at the start when I was using this as I feel like I put NOTHING on my skin. Once I stepped back, that's when I see the difference, my skin looks even (redness gone) and it looks like my own skin! This product is expensive but worth it if you're looking for something that controls shine, covers redness, blends really well on skin and doesn't create a white cast, very silky feel and light-weight!
- Apply to face, starting from the nose and blend out, using a foundation brush for a seamless finish.
- For spot cover-up, dab directly on blemishes or discoloration with sponge.
- For allover sheer finish, sweep on with brush.
- Use quick, light strokes to blend from the center of your face outward.
- To cover it all (& then some!), apply evenly over entire complexion with sponge.
- Before using the sponge and brush included (yes, even if it's new), wash it with soap and warm water and let dry.
- Wash your sponge and brush at least 2x a week to prevent bacteria build-up.
- Though brush is the easiest tool to use for retouch, I strongly suggest just a quick dab of clean sponge on areas needed instead to prevent powder wastage.
- If you have marks on your skin, conceal them first.
- If you have very oily skin, blot your face with an oil-blotter first before re-touch.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal, Combination, Oily and Dry Skin who likes the lightweight-feel of a powder foundation.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Benefit Boutique for Php1,900.00 (approx $44.20). Feel free to Like Benefit Philippines on Facebook
Swatches and Product Photos
Champagne shade on Pan
Swatch on hand:
The powder almost disappears upon application.
Champagne is a perfect shade for me!
A closer look:
See the part on my forehead and eye area that shines? That's because I did not apply any of the Benefit Flawless Custom Powder Cover-up on that area. My cheeks look very even but it doesn't seem like I have powder on! :)
Applied all over my face with a sponge:
To see the overall effect of this product, I did not use any primer nor BB cream underneath.
Have you tried Benefit's Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover-Up?
Would you give this product a try even with the said price tag?
(Product sent for PR purpose. Reviews 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)