Eyeliners are definitely a girl's best friend. Well, maybe not for all girls but this girl writing this post definitely can't live without it! Don't get me wrong, I have my own favorite gel eye liners to date and they still remain on my favorite list --- Stila Smudgepots, MAC Fluidline Eye liner and Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Liner are the top 3 choices I reach out for especially when I do makeup on clients!
As for me, I wouldn't mind using any brand as I'm always open to try on different brands from high to low end! I guess that's one characteristic I have that made me create this blog! I just can't help but get intrigued with different brands thus making me try such a wide array of products!
In this post, I'm reviewing 2 of my favorite gel liner shades --- Black and Brown!
Revlon says ---
- Easily glides to create delicate to dramatic lines
AMW says ---Pros
- Comes with a brush which is perfect for anyone starting out on makeup.
- Water resistant.
- Glides on easily.
- The black shade is pigmented.
- The brown shade can work as an eye shadow base.
- No signs of eye irritations upon use.
- The black one stays the whole day until I remove it, the brown one blurs a bit but doesn't smudge or create panda eyes.
- Easy to remove.
- The free brush will make it a bit tricky and challenging to create thin line.
- The brown shade has sparkles to it, some of the sparkles may transfer to your lashes.
- The brown shade is not as pigmented, need to re-apply several times to get the intensity I want.
A great gel liner brand to purchase if you're looking for good, quality liner and inexpensive! The Revlon ColorStay Creme Gel Eye Liner applies smoothly and slides without tugging. The staying power is good and the worst that could happen is how the liner lightens up at the end of the day.
- Pull out brush and flip to secure into cap.
- Twist off cap and dip brush into crème gel eye liner.
- Glide brush in small strokes across lash line.
- Close tightly after use.
- Feel free to use your own favorite eye liner brush. Either the pointed tip or angled-liner brush.
- If you use the free brush that comes with the packaging, always wipe off excess product before storage..
- Use only the tip of the brush and gently apply dashes on the lash line, gently connect the lines to create a very natural look.
- If you plan to use this as an eye shadow base, use the 'flat" portion of the brush and apply a thin layer of the gel liner on the crease area. Blend out rough edges using a blending brush then top with an eye shadow of choice.
- Always follow by tightlining using a pencil to fill in gaps or "skin" that shows.
- Close the cap tightly. I have a full sized gel eye liner that I used only once and it dried out as I didn't screw the cap well!
- New brushes may seem clean and harmless, but I strongly suggest to wash the brush before use. Your eyes will thank you for it!
Yes, the black one!
To whom do I recommend this to?
Daily gel liner users! I don't recommend people who aren't into gel liners to purchase one as this pot can last forever and can dry out if you don't use it!
Where to purchase and how much?
Revlon ColorStay Creme Gel Eye Liner costs $9.99 (approx Php430.00) on international sites. Locally around Php350.00-500.00.
Revlon ColorStay Creme Gel Eye Liner packaging
Some people may mistake this for a liquid liner!
Because of its pointed tip, I find it easy to hold yet it's still handy enough to bring this with me on my kit for retouch. On packaging, black and brown looks matte but in reality, only the black one is matte while the brown one has sparkles.
0.08 oz or 2.3g of product which I think is perfect for personal use! I don't like gel liners that are housed in huge glass jar making it difficult for me to finish one!
Swatch on hand without base
top 2 - Brown
bottom 2 - Black
Applied a thin layer of Brown near my lashline
Looking closely, some of the sparkles have transferred to my lashes. Personally speaking, it's okay as I can easily apply mascara after eyeliner application thus making my lashes appear fuller!
A thin layer of black liner applied closest to the lashline
Matte, true-to-life black shade appeared.
Please bear in mind to tight line after with a pencil to fill in spaces.
What's your favorite drugstore gel liner?
My top 3 would be Revlon (in black), Maybelline and Kate.
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on TwitterGet "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")