Good morning AMW friends! Today is another "This is How I Do it" series! I was asked by one of my reader how I usually do my makeup on a regular work-day! Well, since I work from home, I usually go "bare-faced" but on days I need to go somewhere for a quick event or meeting, here's how I create a look that I'm very comfortable with and I'm sure I still look like myself! (Hopefully, the better version! :P)
- Charm Luxe Flat Top Brush - used to buff my powder foundation.
- Charm Angled Kabuki Buffer Brush - used to buff my bronzer or blush.
- MAC 217 Blending Brush - for eye shadow application.
- BB Cream of choice - I use various BB Creams but my favorite is still the Skin79 VIP Gold BB Cream.
- Eyeliner pencil - I use various brands but in this tutorial, I am using Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner Pencil.
- Liquid liner or gel liner - in this tutorial I used the K-Palette 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner Waterproof
- Eyeshadow palette of choice - on photo is the KATE Eyeshadow CQ in BR2
- Lip gloss - on a regular day, I prefer non-sticky lipgloss. In this tutorial I pulled out the Majolica Majorca Rouge Majex Lip Gloss in BE706.
- Concealer of choice - On photo is Yves Rocher Pure System Blemish Corrector.
- Powder foundation - I use various foundations from Revlon, L'Oreal, Royal Effem, Clinique, MAC, Majolica Majorca etc... In this tutorial I pulled out L'Oreal White Perfect Pearl Duo Powder Foundation as I'm aiming for a powder that gives "brightening" effect.
- Mascara - again, it depends on my mood either I would like to go for lenghtening, volumizing or I'll do both (but takes longer time). On photo, Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies.
- Blush or Bronzer (again, this depends on my mood). In this tutorial, I used Yves Rocher Bronzer and Shimmer Powder Duo.
- Eyelash Curler by Shu Uemura.
In this tutorial, I am not asking you to use the same products mentioned above, feel free to use what you have and you could always add or deduct the steps! It all depends on your choice of makeup! Here's my quickest, easiest way to look "made up" that takes only five minutes of my time! (Something about me: I dislike spending so much time on my face on a daily basis.)
I won't talk much in this tutorial about concealing and foundation application as I may talk about it on a separate post! After you're done with the base, proceed by doing your brows (I used Benefit's Brows A-Go Go tutorial here)
If you have oily lids, you may need to apply an eyelid primer. In this tutorial, I skipped this step ONLY if I know I won't be stressed or won't be under the sun for long,
With a blending brush, I applied a medium toned matte brown eyeshadow all over the lid not going above the eye socket. Feel free to wing the eyeshadow or create round edges as shown on diagram below.
I blend as much as I can until harsh lines are invisible! At this stage, don't worry about fall outs, you can brush them off later on.
Since brown eye shadows may look "dark", I prefer to pick a light, glittery eyeshadow and apply it right at the center of my crease. I like to see some "sparkles" each time I blink, it's a nice way to uplift my own mood!
(Note: I only use 1 palette in this tutorial)
If I'm in a hurry, I prefer to use a liquid liner to define my eyes. If you're not comfortable with liquid liner, feel free to use your choice of pencil liners that are waterproof!
The next step is optional, some prefer to leave liner application only on the upper lash line, in my case, I want to further define and change the shape of my eyes, I picked a dark brown pencil and gently apply on the waterline. Dark brown eyeliner will look more natural than black, black may look too harsh for day time.
How to make eyes appear wide effect? By curling your lashes! I used to skip this step but I can't deny the fact that curling my lashes makes a huge difference!
Apply a few coats of mascara. I tend to apply 3 coats max as I don't want my lashes to be weighed down by mascara.
Since I'm addicted to coffee and can't start my morning without it, I prefer to use lipgloss instead of lipstick as they tend to transfer to my mug! I opt for lip gloss then bring with me a lipstick for retouch! In that way, my lips won't turn out super dry mid-day!
Final Eye Makeup
Quick and Easy perfect for day time!
Quick and Easy perfect for day time!
Instead of a regular pink or peach colored blush, I used a Bronzer and apply it on my temples and apples of cheeks for a healthy glow. I don't look as pale as I did prior to the makeover :)
That completes my "This is How I do It: Quick Day Time Look", I can actually go for less but I want to show you a more complete version!
Do we have a similar Day Time Look?
How long does it take for you to create a quick, natural day time makeup?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on TwitterGet "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
Keep smilin'Stay happy!