I've always been addicted to healthy, glowing, bright-looking skin! It must be because of my dry skin condition or because I've been watching so many Korean Drama series! Whatever the reasons are, I'm sure some of you share the same sentiments as I do!
Don't you just love the wonderful glow these models and actresses have on photo below? Don't you wish we have the same skin as them?
**photos taken from Google Images
The thing is, these girls probably ----
- Are born with naturally glowing skin.
- Uses brightening BB creams underneath.
- Have good amount of lighting when these photos were taken.
- Are using luminizers or highlighting products.
I'm definitely not born with naturally healthy, bright, glowing skin, I would opt for the latter! I'd go for products that would give me the fake glow and I have been a strong user of Benefit's That Gal Primer! (Read review here)
Who would've thought I'll be adding more to achieve the "pearly" finish? Well, it happened a couple of weeks ago when I was at the Benefit B Spot workshop and I saw the Benebabes' Store managers applying their favorite Girl Meets Pearl and I immediately saw the "achievable" glow! I immediately went and got myself one!
This soft, golden-pink liquid pearl luminizer features light-reflecting pigments to give your complexion an exquisite, dewy glow. It includes raspberry & chamomile, known for their soothing properties…and sweet almond seed extract known to help improve skin firmness & smoothness. Pat it on over blush to highlight cheekbones with a pop of pearly pleasure!
WATER (AQUA), OCTYLDODECANOL, MICA, CETYL DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TAPIOCA STARCH, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, TRIBEHENIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, POLYACRYLATE-13, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED EXTRACT, CARBOMER, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYISOBUTENE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), BENZOPHENONE-4, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SORBIC ACID, LENTINUS EDODES EXTRACT, BHT, DISODIUM EDTA, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), ANTHEMIS NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, CARMINE (CI 75470), POLYSORBATE 20, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM ETHYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, LINALOOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BUTYLPARABEN, CHLORPHENESIN, ETHYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE. N° 05131/N
AMW says ---
- I love the packaging! Dispenses the right amount of product as needed.
- Great packaging for travel.
- A little goes a long way! So this full sized Girl Meets Pearl will last me a long time.
- Has a hint of sweet smelling scent that can put me to a better mood!
- Have extra skin benefits.
- Doesn't have any noticeable sparkle but have a nice pearly sheen that makes your skin looks healthy.
- Doesn't make my skin greasy or oily. It dries up with powder finish.
- Doesn't last the whole day especially on a humid weather. Re-application within the day is needed.
- May create oily-looking skin if not applied correctly. (kindly read tips below)
Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl gives a very subtle pearl-like glow on specific areas applied. It has a golden pink tone so it gives the face a bit of 'warmth' like that of a bronzer (but more subtle). The scent is amazing!
- Pat & blend over makeup for eye-catching luminescence.
- One twist for subtle sheen…two or more for dewy radiance.
- For an overall face glow, mix Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl with your favorite liquid foundation.
- For a specific glow, apply Benefit Girl Meets Pearl on areas that you want to highlight. The bridge of your nose, the highest point of your cheeks and the brow bone!
- Less is more, when applied during daytime, there is a tendency that the product doesn't appear, but it is definitely visible to the naked eye under the bright sunlight or flash photography.
- In my own humble opinion, Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl is best used by girls who has medium to dark skin tone while That Gal is best used by girls who are fair.
- To keep yourself from looking like an oil-factory, steer clear from applying the product on areas that tends to oil up. (ex. T-zone)
- If you know you will be photographed, do a test before going out! Use your favorite camera with flash to check how your skin looks.
- Applied too much? Don't fret, tap the area with a matte face powder to lessen the shine!
- On a very special occasion, this product can be used on your arms and legs! (If you do not have Benefit Bathina)
To whom do I recommend this to?
Dull, dry skinned or normal skinned girls who likes the instant glow anytime of the day!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Benefit counters for Php1,600.00 (approx $40.00). LIKE Benefit Cosmetics Philippines on Facebook to get updated on Sales and events. Follow Benefit Philippines on Twitter (@BenefitBeautyPH) At Benefit international website for $30.00 (without tax).
The cute box packaging that included manufacturing date which is very important to me!
Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl is housed in the same packaging as that of That Gal Primer
After removing first cap, there is another transparent plastic cap for extra protection. Some likes to throw this away, as for me I'm keeping it to prevent product spills or accidents.
The unique dispenser in which I used to dislike but now, I love this a lot!
Tiny amount needed for a very subtle sheen on my cheekbones!
Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl has a very subtle golden pink shade that works as a very natural all-over face highlighter if the user has medium to dark skin! Fair skinned individuals may find this works as a very subtle bronzer.
Once product is well spread, it gives off a light champagne glow. It has a light liquid to powder finish.
On most days, I prefer to apply Benefit's That Gal all over my face (as a primer), conceal problem areas with my trustee concealer and set with a powder foundation. To keep myself from looking too plain and "blah", I like to use Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl on the highest point of my cheeks, my nose bridge, the brow bone and sometimes, at the inner corner of my eyes for a nice subtle glow!
AMW wearing Girl Meets Pearl
If yes, can you share some of your products and tips?
As for me, I'm happy to announce that I've tried quite a number of brightening/highlighting products and so far, I have achieved the glow that I want on days that I badly need it! But of course, nothing beats taking care of your skin by removing makeup thoroughly at night and using the right skincare regimen suited for your skin!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")