Today, I'm finally ready to share my thoughts on the newest Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ (DDML+)! I've finished 3 huge bottles of the original Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion so I guess I can call myself an "expert" in my own little ways on the difference on the old and new one!
The new DDML+ is housed in an exact packaging as the old version. (read past review here and my Cliinque DDML revisit here) I've been impressed with the old DDML that's why it puts a huge "whyyyyyyy" on my lips when I learned they reformulated it! Why would they do that? I'm already a strong believer of the old formulation and I'm quite loyal when it comes to something effective! I mean, the Clinique DDML has been one of the few moisturizers that healed my super dry, itchy skin!
Step 3 in Clinique's 3-step skin care system. The moisture "drink" developed by Clinique's dermatologist to maintain optimal moisture balance for very dry skins, or skins dry in the cheeks, comfortable to oily in the T-zone. Softens, smooths, improves.
The big plus: with a new complex, this formula strengthens skin's own moisture barrier by 54%. More moisture stays in. Skin feels soft, springy. Has a glow.
Size: 125ml with pump
- Same pump packaging which I love.
- Feels very light on skin. No greasy/oily feel.
- Relieves skin dryness.
- Skin feels moisturized upon application.
- Quick absorption.
- No breakouts or skin irritations.
- The product description says it added the new barrier strengthening benefits. Which is a plus!
- No SPF.
- Price. It isn't bad as I finish mine in around 3 months plus!
- For very dry skin that's itchy and flaky (mine), the product did not immediately heal my skin dryness, it took me around 2 weeks of continuous usage before the dryness lessened.
The new DDML+ has the same moisturizing properties of the old one but feels a tad bit lighter (meaning, no oily feel) and the product gets absorbed into the skin faster. Aside from the added moisture, it retains the natural moisture of the skin and it does aid in creating "inner glow" after a month's usage.
- Oily and combination skin may look into the Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL.
- Do you need the 3-step Clinique program? I've done the steps and my skin is very happy. But if you're on a budget, you can mix and match expensive and inexpensive skincare products as long as they work for you. (P.S. I prefer to splurge on moisturizer)
- For dry skin like me, I prefer to pump at least 3x, rub it evenly on my (clean) palm and massage all over face until you feel the product gets absorbed into the skin.
- Best used morning and evening. Add your favorite face sunblock for your morning routine.
- For combination skin: Concentrate on applying more product on areas that tend to dry up.
- Apply thicker amount at night and wash it off the next morning for a "spa-like" feel.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Users who are looking for moisture that leaves none of the oily-feel. I also highly recommend this for people with sensitive skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Clinique counters for Php1,900 (approx $14.25).
Visit www.sampleroom.ph once in awhile for samples.
The one with red + sign is the new Clinique DDML+. As compared to the old DDML, it is a bit more runny in texture thus the product gets absorbed into the skin faster than the old version.
Aside from that, I find the new DDML+ has more hydrating ingredients and skin immediately feels hydrated upon use. The DDML+, base on my personal observation, feels like liquid+gel! The gel-like texture make it a nice base for makeup users as can easily fill in fine lines immediately thus foundation or BB cream applies like a dream.
For someone who has the most violent reaction on changing what's already wonderful, I am quite happy with the change and I believe Clinique did that because our environment change and Clinique has to go with the changes. So far, I'm glad that they didn't remove my favorite yellow color, the wonderful moisturizing texture and the very faint Clinique scent that others may not like but I learn to love!
I can't seem to pick one but I'm definitely a Clinique 3-Step Skincare system lover!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by Sample Room for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)