Happy Friday AMW friends!
Today, I will be reviewing Avon's most exciting product (according to me and you can't do anything about it! lol)! It's the Avon Illuminating Face Pearls!
Do you know why this excites me? Because this reminds of the famous Guerlain Meteorites Powder for Face and also my ultimate favorite Paul & Joe Disney Collection Flower Face Color in 002 and the best part? This is the inexpensive version!
Are you excited to know how this product looks?
Avon Face Pearls
Avon says ---
Gives cheeks a subtle, radiant sheen.
AMW says ---
- Gives a very subtle and nice shade on cheeks.
- Can be applied all over face (for medium dark to darker skin) and gives a nice glow (for fair to medium skin).
- The product will last you at least a year!
- No matter how much you apply, the effect will be subtle and natural.
- Lasts the whole day for normal/dry skin. Oily skin may need to re-apply within the day.
- The pearls are very soft and cracks easily as compared to the more expensive counterparts.
- I hope the product comes with a powder puff instead of a foam.
- Same as most face pearls' packaging, it is quite bulky to take around for retouch.
More of a blush than a face powder. Gives a subtle color and warmth upon application.
- Use a big powder brush for a very minimal and natural blush.
- Use a smaller brush for a defined look.
- Can be used as a natural contouring powder for fair skin tone. Apply from apples of the cheeks upwards.
- Blend blend blend!
- Less is more! Applying too much may create a fake orange streak!
- Swirl the brush gently to prevent "crushing" the pearls!
Yes. But I doubt I'll finish this one anytime soon so I will highly recommend this instead to girls who wants a natural cheek color and are on a budget.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Girls with warm skin tone would look better in this shade. Works for all skin types!
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php599.00 (approx $13.60)
A Closer Look on Avon Face Pearls
Swatch on Hand
I like the "warmth" it gives on my skin plus a nice, natural sheen.
As for application, I prefer to use a small blush brush (from Shu Uemura) for a more defined blush. This gives a bit of contouring at the same time, gives a warm glow.
Avon Illuminating Face Pearls applied with light hand on cheeks
On a regular day, I prefer to pair this color with a similar shade of lipstick from The Body Shop (review to follow). This gives a "sosyal" look *laughs*. Seriously speaking, the effect is very natural, almost like I woke up "in love" :P
Do you own any face pearls? From which brand?
Will you give the Avon version a try after reading this review?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent for review. Opinions 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)