I have been meaning to try the Happy Skin Don't Get Mad Get Even Hydrating Powder Foundation for quite some time. But you know me...I can't seem to start using a new product if I haven't hit the pan, or at least, close to hitting the pan on my current powder foundation. And mind you, since I have dry skin and most of the powder foundations I use are good, I tend to retouch only once the whole day or at times, no retouch at all!
After using up my favorite Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover Up, I'm finally on a full blast using Happy Skin Don't Get Mad Get Even Powder Foundation. The name Hydrating is definitely the major reason why I wanted to use this so badly!
By the way, the name is too cute! Don't Get Mad Get Even!
The shade I got is 02 Natural Beige which looks extremely crazy dark for me on pan but trust me when I say, this shade is the perfect shade for me!
Happy Skin says ---
AMW says ---
- Packaging comes with a clear mirror and good quality sponge.
- Even after several wash, the sponge is still in good condition.
- The powder part has a plastic "protective cover".
- Very cute and nice packaging.
- Has a decent, build-able coverage.
- No allergic reactions.
- Can cover under eye darkness and redness.
- Has brightening effect.
- Evens out my skin.
- Has SPF20 PA++
- Can also be used as retouch powder and it never cakes or creates white cast.
- The powder maybe named "Hydrating", it is still not enough for my EXTREMELY dry skin. I have rough spots especially when I retouch midday. (read tips on how to lessen dry spots)
- Comes in 3 shades which works for warm skin tones.
- Price. Depends on how well the product works for you. If this is your Holy Grail Powder Foundation, it is worth every single cent.
A nice coverage powder foundation that can also help cover light marks and spots. The effect is long lasting and I don't need retouch for the whole day (consider I have normal/dry skin).
from Happy Skin
- Use the sponge to pat on the skin-perfecting powder foundation over your T-zone and spread evenly over the rest of your face in light, smooth strokes.
- Fold the sponge to target smaller areas around the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Best used with Don’t Get Mad, Get Even liquid foundation for a flawless and seamless finish
- For better coverage, use Happy Skin Don't Get Mad Get Even Liquid Foundation prior to this powder foundation. (Read review HERE)
- Don't forget to peel off sticker from the mirror
- For light and natural coverage, use a brush. For heavier coverage, use the sponge and apply with dabbing motion.
- Use the edge of the sponge to "spot conceal" some marks or spots with a patting motion.
- Use the sponge that comes with the compact for fresh application, use a big fluffy brush for retouch.
- Apply more on areas that needed most coverage. (Ex. the center of your face, T-zone etc...)
- If you have extremely dry skin like I do, use the Liquid version instead. It works better for dry skin.
- If you have normal/oily skin, this works really well. I tried this on my sister who has oily skin and she said she did lesser touch-ups as compared to other powder foundation brands.
- If you find powder foundation to look fake and unnatural, apply facial mist after powder foundation application to lessen the "powder-y effect".
- Just like me, if you have extremely dry skin, bring with you a sample sized moisturizer and gently pat moisturizer on areas that "flakes" due to dryness with a patting/dabbing motion.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal, Combination and Oily skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Click the link to know where to purchase Happy Skin Products (http://happyskincosmetics.com/where-to-buy/)
Priced at Php1,299.00 (approx $29.50)
I appreciate the extra plastic cover that protects the foundation.
Shade: 02 Natural Beige
Works really well on my NC20-25 skin.
Swatch on my wrist, it looks a tad bit dark. But this proves that you should always test foundation (liquid/powder/cream) on your face, not on your arm! The back of my arm is lighter than my face.
Before and After Photo
As seen on my raw photos (Photos photoshopped only for cropping). With a few layers of Happy Skin Don't Get Mad Get Even Hydrating Powder Foundation, my undereye darkness disappeared, the redness on the side of my nose and cheeks also disappeared. My skin looks more even and best of all? Really natural-looking in person! Even Mr. AMW approved of this!
Without any base makeup. This foundation gives me medium coverage and I survived a busy day without retouch. It covers a good amount of my eye darkness and I actually have 2 zits on my chin area which was also covered by using this Hydrating powder Foundation.
Have you tried this powder foundation from Happy Skin?
Do you like the effect on me?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)