Hi AMW friends!
Today, I will be sharing a review on my "egg-shaped" sponge which I got from Pro Studio Beauty. I have this in my professional makeup kit for months and I only got to use this on my most recent gig on a male client! You know how it is with male clients right? Some may be used to having their makeup done while some aren't! So pulling out a brush may scare the hell out of them so I've decided to whip out my airbrush machine, at the same time, do some spot concealing using the Pro Studio Beauty Pro Blend Sponge.
I owned a couple of Beauty Blenders so I can definitely compare this to the "original one". Aside from that, I only have another called HD Makeup Blender and so far, you can read both reviews by clicking the "name" for link.
Lilac colored egg-shaped sponge called Pro Studio Beauty "Pro Blend Sponge".
You can go for other shades and I think they also offer the same shape as my HD Makeup Blender.
GlamBox Beauty Studio
Use this Pro Blend Sponge to apply foundation to get the ultimate professional flawless finish!
Best used when damp. Hold the sponge under cool water and squeeze several times (to wet the sponge). After, give the sponge one more squeeze to remove excess water before using the sponge for makeup application. During application, gently pat and glide sponge on skin.
Available in various colors.
AMW says ---
- No scent.
- Has the right "bounce" making it easy to create an "airbrush finish".
- Blends makeup easily.
- Can be used wet or dry. Best if wet.
- Feels soft on skin.
- You can easily adjust the coverage with how many times you bounce the sponge on the same area.
- Multi-functional. Can be used for foundation and concealer application. I also like to use the tip of the sponge to apply eye primers.
- As always, super difficult to remove.
- Just like any "egg shaped" sponge, it is difficult to store.
- Beauty Blender feels softer (and smoother against skin) but the Pro Blend Sponge isn't bad at all!
OverallFor the price, the Pro Blend Sponge is definitely a good buy especially if you want to try "egg shaped" sponge for quite some time but the hefty price is stopping you.
- Best used if sponge is damp.
- Use the base for bigger area and the tip for smaller area.
- For more coverage, "dab" the same area with foundation/concealer a couple of times.
- Feel free to do the bounce and roll hand movement. Practice makes perfect.
- Look for a case to store the Pro Blend Sponge when not in use to prevent bacteria buildup.
- Wash the sponge after every use to prevent stain.
- To remove all liquid/cream products, feel free to use an inexpensive olive oil or in my case, I use Cleansing Oils.
- Even after airbrush or regular makeup application, spritz water or makeup setting spray on the Pro Blend Sponge and gently dab all over face.
- The Pro Studio Beauty Pro Blend Sponge can also be used dry...I sometimes use the sides to "set" my makeup with loose setting powder (in a rolling motion). The effect is really nice and natural.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Anyone who likes the "airbrush" finish.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php450.00 each available online and also available in Glambox Beauty Studio Unit 2c Value Point Building, 227 Salcedo St., Legaspi Village, Makati 0922-82100172, 0915-8342023. Click this link to know where you can purchase these in person.
PRO Studio Beauty Exclusives are also available online at:
Instagram: @prostudiobeauty @glamboxbeautystudio
Before and after photo of an "up and coming" singer. I used Airbrush makeup and spot conceal using Pro Sstudio Beauty Pro Blend Sponge.
Note: After photo taken by: Mark Lao
Have you tried Beauty Blender or other inexpensive options?
Please share to me the brand and let me know how much you like/dislike them!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)