Now I'm ready to take the "oil" on the side bench and say hello to water-based makeup remover!
For this review, I obviously picked BrightUp because I am just addicted to bright skin!
Bifesta Cleansing Express BrightUp Cleansing Lotion says ---
- Gentle but powerful water base lotion that thoroughly removes makeup & dirt.
- Removes dead skin cells and inhibits melanin production [saxifrage extract]
- For those who would like to have bright, even-toned skin.
- Non-comogenic to help prevent clogged pores, pimples & acne!
AMW says ---
- Very gentle on both eyes and skin.
- Packaging is wonderful! I can see how much product is left.
- Very effective in removing almost all traces of makeup.
- Skin looks and feels fresh after every use.
- Mild scent.
- The pump may squirt off product in different direction!
- Will sting if this gets into your eye so be careful!
A good, oil-free makeup remover that removes almost 90% of my makeup.
- Soak cotton puff with cleansing lotion (press 2-3 times), wipe off dirt and makeup gently. No need to rinse.
- If you prefer a fresher feeling, rinse with water but no need to use facial wash products to avoid washing off the moisture retaining factor.
- To remove waterproof eye makeup, recommend using Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover
- Choose variants depending on your skin type or the needs of your skin! There's one with sebum control, moist, brightening and age care!
- Even with this product marketed as no rinse, I still prefer to do a final rinse to make sure all traces of makeup are removed!
- For users with dry skin, follow up with a moisturizer as the moisture properties of the BrightUp cleansing lotion is not enough.
- Use cotton pad!
- For one eye, I prefer 2 pumps and let it sit for a couple of seconds before you gently wipe off makeup with downward motion.
- For the rest of your face, use the other (clean side) of the cotton pad, pump 2 more cleansing lotion.
- If you use waterproof eye makeup, I highly suggest to use an eye makeup remover instead as this won't be enough.
- Transfer some of this product in a small container so you can tote this along to fix makeup mishaps.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Makeup wearers and fellow makeup artists! This is wonderful to remove mistakes without worrying about the "oil" that will let makeup slide.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced around Php419.00 (approx $9.80) available at SM Department stores and Watsons.
How I remove my eye makeup.
I soak my cotton pad with 2 pumps of Bifesta Cleansing Express BrightUp Cleansing Lotion, close my eyes and let the cotton pad sit for around 10 seconds. Gently rub off the rest of the eye makeup with downward strokes as this direction will help remove mascara too!
Hard-headed eyeliner can be easily removed by soaking a cotton bud with Bifesta Cleansing Lotion. So far, this method does not sting my eye.
I also use one side of the cotton pad to remove my face makeup and another side for lip product! I don't like the taste of "remover" on my lips so I usually skip this step if my lipstick aren't the long-lasting type!
As stated on my review, Bifesta Cleansing Express Cleansing Lotion can actually remove 90-95% of my makeup leaving maybe just the eyeliner that I "tightlined" and some hard-to-remove lipstick pigments on first round.
So far, BrightUp does give me that "bright skin" effect after removing my makeup. My skin does not feel as hydrated as I want so I usually wash off my face with a gentle cleanser and follow up with moisturizer or serum!
Have you tried Bifesta Cleansing Lotion?
What is your favorite variant?
I can't wait to try the MOIST variant and see if this product will give my skin the hydration it needs.