So, it's starting to rain! But should you skip your sunblock/sunscreen?
OF COURSE NOT!
And just because you don't see Mr. Sun much, you still have to wear sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful and long UV rays. As you all know, the harsh sun gives us not only sun burn but also brown spots, pigmentation and yellowish skin tone. Yes, that's the ugly truth!
But like I said, we are living in the "lucky generation". We have all these sunblock that feels and looks almost invisible!
I recently tested out the L'Oreal Paris UV Perfect Aqua Essence. When I took a quick glance at this product packaging, it brought me back to memories! When I was just starting out with my love for "beauty", I was in deep search for face primers (yes, blame the international blog reading!) There wasn't any back then so I went on and purchased the L'Oreal UV Perfect Advanced Fluid Face Protector SPF50 because the SA said it can work as a primer (true naman!). It didn't do a lot on the "primer" department (maybe just a subtle differences lang) but I actually liked using it as a sunscreen because it was in fluid texture, lightweight and non-greasy.
Years after, I was reunited with the UV Perfect line! Do I love this as much as the first version?
L'Oreal UV Perfect Aqua Essence Advanced Watery Gel says ---
AMW says ---
- Packaging. Perfect for travel.
- Comes with expiration. (but only on the carton box, so please write it down with a marker on the tube itself)
- Texture is amazing! Felt like water and very lightweight.
- Blends into skin and imparts a subtle glow.
- Gives hydrating-feel.
- No obvious demarcation marks or white cast.
- So far, no skin irritations or allergic reactions.
- Works well as makeup base.
- Works for normal and dry skin. None of those drying effects.
- The packaging is opaque so I don't get to see how much product is left.
- If you have extremely oily skin, this may add in "moisture" thus you need to use oil blotting sheets.
A lightweight high SPF sunblock that works even for humid and hot weather! The L'Oreal Paris UV Perfect Aqua Essence felt like water and gets absorbed into the skin easily without leaving marks.
- Apply before makeup.
- Use a decent amount all over the face. Around1 peso coin on each side of the face.
- If you have oily skin, bring with you oil control sheets or use oil-control makeup.
- If you will be going for pictorial or photoshoots, try to steer clear from using high SPF sunscreen.
- Best applied with clean fingers.
- Expiration date is printed on box, if you plan to throw the box away, write the expiration date on the tube with a waterproof marker for reference.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Normal, combination and dry skin users!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at L'Oreal counters priced at Php549.00 (approx $12.47).
I like that they used the same packaging as the first Fluid Face Protector. I like this the best!
White color sunscreen that has a liquid texture.
Application goes straight to my skin with circular/massaging motion. I like to let it sit for a couple of minutes and do my brows before I proceed with face makeup.
Have you tried this sunscreen?
Do you wear sunscreen on rainy days?
I used to skip sunscreens on rainy days but now that I'm in my mid-30s and scared of skin pigmentation, I'll be a good student and use sunblock daily!