One of the biggest mascara tube I've held in my life!
That came from Max FactorX Excess Volume Extreme Impact Mascara. The company probably wanted to convey a message to us consumers that you get EXTREME BULK and VOLUME on your lashes (same as packaging) when you use it.
This mascara comes with 2 steps. And for the first time, they are both "working mascaras", not one end as a mascara base (usually white in color) like what we're used to.
Step 1: Extreme Volume
This is a super-thickening formula that includes wax, dark pigments and volumizing spheres. This brush reminds me so much of the Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume.
Step 2: Dark Lacquer
This is a jet black lacquer finishing coat. With thinner mascara head allowing to reach out every lash hairs. This side gives a glossy finish to your lashes without destroying the volume created on Step 1.
Max FactorX Excess Volume Extreme Impact Mascara says ---
New Max Factor Excess Volume Extreme Impact mascara gives you extraordinary luscious volume and darkness for an extreme eye look that lasts all day.
AMW says ---
- Lashes appear darker.
- Lashes appear natural.
- Does not create stiff and "crunchy" lashes.
- No smudging.
- Can be removed by regular eye make up remover.
- Does not weigh down the curl on lashes.
- Lashes definitely have this glossy finish. Never look dry or fake.
- May appear clumpy if you applied too much.
- Can create "spidey" lashes if not applied well.
- If you have small or hooded eyes, you may find the Step 1 mascara wand to be too big for you!
- Gives a bit of volume and length.
- Available in 1 shade only. I don't mind as I've always been a fan of black mascaras.
A mascara that gives a bit of lengthening and volume and a lot of "darkness". I like how my lashes appear darker in a very natural way.
- You can get away by just using Step 1 if you want "volume" though you may have the chance of smeared mascara because Step 2 gives the "finish".
- Apply Step 1 and Step 2 almost immediately. Do not wait for too long as it may be harder to apply Step 2 and there will be a chance of clumpy lashes.
- Curl your lashes BEFORE mascara application.
- Always apply starting from roots to tips.
- The maximum times of application on each wand is 2 coats EACH. Going beyond that will give you "clumpy lashes".
To whom do I recommend this to?
Perfect for users who already have long and thick lashes that needed the extra boost or definition.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally at Max Factor counters near you priced at Php795.00 (approx $18.00).
AMW doing Step 1. In real life, I needed to lift my "lid" using my finger to prevent the mascara wand from touching my lid!
Step 2 gives a glossy finish to the overall experience. I find this brush wand to be perfect for my small eyes.
Before and After
(I apologize for some leftover liner)
The mascara obviously does not weigh down my lash hairs and my lashes appear darker.
The Excess Volume Extreme Impact Mascara does give me the impact of darker looking lashes thus making my lashes appear thicker (a bit). It gives a bit of length but nothing too dramatic.
Overall, this mascara is good but I can live without it!
I am off in search for better lengthening and volumizing mascara in the market
Any recommendations from your end?