Last May, I was invited to an intimate gathering to know what Kate Tokyo has to offer. One of the most requested product for an in-depth review is their newest face base makeup called Powder Mousse BB.
The Kate Powder Mousse BB is known for its light mousse texture that turns into powder. BB mousse is actually highly recommended for users who wants to hide their pores and other skin problems.
It is housed in a glass packaging with 2 shades to offer as of date.
Shade on review: 02 Natural Color
Kate Powdery Mousse BB Says ---
The light mousse turns into powder and firmly adheres to skin.
The mousse BB that covers visible pores and avoid shine and stickiness.
Shades: 01 Bright Color and 02 Natural Color
AMW says ---
- A little goes a long way.
- Super lightweight.
- Application feels like a mousse but finishes off with powder.
- Non-drying. Does not settle into dry patches around my skin.
- Has SPF30 PA+++
- Light to medium coverage.
- Can skip powder application for normal and dry skin users.
- Can control shine and lasts for the whole day if set properly.
- Only 2 shades available for now. Both shades are a bit too fair for medium to dark complexion users.
- Packaging, as much as I dislike dipping my fingers (which I don't do as I have a spatula), I can't seem to find other ways on how they could house a Mousse BB product.
A super lightweight base makeup that gives a good amount of coverage. Can brighten up the face too.
- Best to use spatula to grab the appropriate amount of product before use.
- For better coverage, apply using fingers, dry sponge or brush.
- For medium to light coverage, apply using damp sponge.
- To "correct" the tone or shade of your foundation, use a lighter or darker powder foundation after or bronzer to warm up the face.
- Apply more on areas that needed coverage and less to none on areas that don't.
Will I repurchase?
Will recommend but I personally do not use a lot of base makeup on daily basis so I don't think I can finish this up anytime soon.
To whom do I recommend this to?
All skin types but both shades will work only for users with fair complexion.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php660.00 (approx $15.00) each. Kate new products are available in Kate Tokyo stalls near you.
Kate Philippines on Facebook
Instagram and Twitter (@katetokyoph)
Swatch 02 Natural Color
Natural color has a bit of a cool base (pinkish tone)
I directly apply at the center of my face using clean fingers.
Used my Etude House Oval Face brush and gently massage product.
Before and AfterAs you can see, the tone of my skin changed! I wish I have a correct match as I love the coverage and glow this product gives!
Wrong tone aside, how do you like the coverage and the effect the Kate Powdery Mousse BB Gives?
Other KATE products reviewed ---
Kate Tokyo Powderless Liquid for Cover
Kate Tokyo Mineral Mask BB Cream
Kate Mineral Powder Foundation