Do you still remember my Something New: Bio-Oil post last month? A lot of you got intrigued with this product and requested for an in-depth review, after more than a month's usage, I'm ready to share my experience using one of the most awaited product this year!
Bio-Oil says ---
Bio-Oil is a specialist skincare product formulated to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. Its unique formulation, which contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil, is also highly effective for ageing and dehydrated skin.
AMW says ---
- Easy to use see-through bottle.
- Skin stays hydrated all day.
- No skin flaking or itchiness (from dryness).
- The mark on my skin lightened up after a month's usage (check out photo below).
- Because I'm one of the few lucky moms who didn't have stretch marks after pregnancy, I can't test this product on stretch marks but my college friend (who also gifted me a bottle of Bio-Oil) swore by this product and told me how effective it was in lightening her stretch marks on her breasts.
- Works for my sensitive skin.
- Locally available!
- Very oily-skinned individuals may not enjoy the added "Oil-application" as compared to dry-skinned individuals.
- Pregnant women with heightened sense of smell may be turned off with the floral scent.(individual results will vary).
Based from research, PurCellin Oil is the preen gland oil of ducks and Bio-Oil manufactured it in a way where the thickness of the oil was reduced, that explains why for such a product with loads of "oil" in the ingredients list, the product is non-greasy and gets absorbed into the skin after several minutes. Bio-Oil does help reduce skin dryness and itchiness, some new scars may lighten up but old scars or stretch marks may take some time.
- Though Bio-Oil can be used on both face and body, I highly suggest doing a patch test first before applying on your face.
- Never use on broken skin.
- If skin irritations occur like itchiness or redness, STOP usage immediately.
- Best applied after shower when skin is still damp.
- If you dislike anything with "oil" apply the product during bedtime so you don't have to deal about the possible greasy-feel.
- For the product to be effective, apply twice a day for at least 3 months for obvious marks like stretch marks or scars.
- I highly suggest applying more on areas were you would like your scars to lighten up and massage it in circular motion.
- Though Bio-Oil is said to be safe for pregnancy, check with your Doctor just to be sure!
- Best used on newer scars as compared to old scars.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Best used by anyone who would like to improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone at the same time, hydrate dry and ageing skin.
Where to purchase and how much?
Bio-Oil is available locally at Mercury Drug Stores and Watsons Nationwide for Php495.00 60ml
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/biooilPH
Twitter page: @BioOilPH
Simple pour-type packaging of Bio-Oil. I like the fact that the container is clear so I can easily tell how much product I have left.
The texture of Bio-Oil is a very light version of baby oil. The texture is almost water-like with a light shade of orange.
I have a scar on my leg from a hair tool accident 3 years ago , obviously the scar left isn't as dark (as I was good in treating the scar right away) but still, there is a dark mark on my left leg which I would love to disappear completely! I tried using Bio-Oil as a scar treatment and massage the product twice a day on the exact spot for 1 full month! The before and after photo may not be as obvious on photos but I promise you, it is definitely lighter almost invisible in person!
If you look closely, you can also see that the dryness of my leg has lessened on the after photo as well.
(Photos edited only for size and watermark)
Are you currently in need of a scar or stretch marks lightening product?
Would you give Bio-Oil a try?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")