I have been reaching out lip crayons for the longest time! It started with Clinique, Revlon, Happy Skin then who would've thought Pixi?
Thanks to Glamourbox I got the chance to learn about the brand! I have heard about Pixi makeup and thought there are made for teens! I thought pigmentation would be like those from the "kids" makeup section, meaning, not pigmented and very hard to use! Thankfully, I'm wrong!
When I got the Pixi by Petra Tinted Brilliance Balm, I got ecstatic because judging by the look of their packaging, it screams professional and really good!
But what made me more excited? The fact that they got the seal of approval from Ms. O! As in Oprah for 2013 Spring Makeup O-Wards!
How does Radiant Rose look on packaging? Come on, you're excited to click! :P
Pixi says ---
Packed with lip-loving ingredients, this glossy gel balm protects and hydrates the lips instantly. After the balm wears off, lips are left tinted with a flattering, personalized hue that suits you. It’s so adorable; it reminds you of a crayon. No need for sharpening though! Just secure the lid after use. Pucker up!
AMW says ---
- No-sharpening needed type of crayon.
- Smooth and easy to apply.
- No caking, bleeding or flaking.
- Has a nice layer of "gloss".
- No parabens. The ingredients include my favorites --- jojoba oil, shea butter, etc..
- Scent. Strong mint yet waxy scent. Imagine crayons.
- Staying power is a-okay, just like regular balms. The good thing about Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm is that even though the gloss disappears after eating and drinking, you still have a bit of "stain" or color left on your lips.
- The effect is sheer as compared to all the crayons I've tried. This is good and bad depending on the users' preference.
Butter-y lip balm that removes dryness on my lips in an instant! The pigmentation is just right for daily use. Radiant Rose gives a nice pinkish "glow" on your lips.
- The cap could go loose so be careful.
- If your lips are extremely dry like mine, apply with vertical strokes (same direction as your lip lines) to prevent cracks or flakes.
- If you prefer to use lip balm underneath, wipe off excess "wax" or "oil" before you apply Tinted Brilliance Balm.
- To keep this balm stay longer, blot off excess "oil" with a clean tissue then re-apply, set with translucent powder.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Radiant Rose is perfect for all skin tones! The shade would look more obvious on a pale lips but very natural on pigmented lips users like ME!
Where to purchase and how much?
Available locally at Glamourbox website for Php790.00 (approx $18.35).
Swatch of Radiant Rose
Radiant Rose is a rosy-pink shade.
Lips look hydrated and mind you, I applied this on its own without the help of a lip balm or gloss!
Radiant Rose is a MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade!
Have you tried Pixi by Petra products?
Would you give this a try considering there are so many "Lip crayons" available in the market?
I am starting to enjoy these more than regular lipsticks because these lip crayons are more hydrating!
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")
(Product sent by company/PR for review. Opinion 100% mine. Please purchase at your own discretion.)