December!!! I can hear Christmas Songs and feel the Christmas traffic (Regular traffic multiplied by 10). Another thing that I'm excited about the month of December is the Grand Opening of Benefit Boutique at Greenbelt 5 on the 15th of December! Please save up your salary or bonuses to gift yourself at least ONE item from the brand!
Last week, I got an invite to have a sneak peek for Benefit cosmetics that are going to be available in Manila, sad to say, it was a work day so I wasn't able to go. But that doesn't stop me from talking about the brand. Benefit isn't new to me as I've used quite a number!
- Benefit Lemon Aid
- Benefit Lyin' Eyes
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner
- Benefit Posietint
- Benefit High Beam
- Benefit That Gal Brightening Face Primer
Today, I will be adding up another product from Benefit to continue the list of Benefit products I have reviewed.
The Benefit They're Real
The nice, bullet-looking tube
that you can easily identify in your makeup stash.
Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara says ---
They're real! lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. Our jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!
Size: 8.5 g Net wt. 0.3 oz.
Water, Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglylceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, BHT, Sorbic Acid +/- : Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Ultramarines (CI77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891) N° 05827/N
AMW says ---Pros
- Very cute, unique tube!
- The wand is quite special. The tip has this "Ball" of spikes best used on lower lashes.
- The tip of the wand can grab hard to reach lashes.
- This is the first mascara that I can apply on my "non-existent" lower lashes without smudging and creating a mess.
- Never clumps! Believe me when I say NEVER. No matter how many times I pile on mascara, it never clumped on me!
- Separates each lash and coats it making them look longer and thicker.
- Always come off natural - looking no matter how many times you apply.
- So far, this mascara doesn't smudge on me and I've tried using this on a makeup gig (wherein I was going to different places and rushing to do retouch).
- Easy to remove with regular eye makeup remover. Not much rubbing is needed on the eye area.
- Lashes aren't "crunchy".
- If you have very short and sparse lashes to start with, this will never look "dramatic" on you, it'll come off just defined and natural.
- Since my lashes are super duper short, I can feel the "spikiness" of the mascara wand which hurts my left eye a bit but it's just me! Admittedly, the lashes on the left eye is way shorter than the right!
This mascara definitely gives definition we want! It gives volume, length and the biggest plus is the fact that it doesn't clump at all! Another specialty of this mascara is the fact that it's not advertised as waterproof but it stays without smudging even on most humid days! The added plus? It washes off easily at the end of the day!
- Position wand horizontally & wiggle from side to side, base to tip, to achieve maximum volume, length & lift. Hold wand vertically & stroke upward to curl & separate. Layer generously as desired.
- Before application, make sure lashes are clean.
- If you like to curl your lashes, curl them first prior to mascara application.
- Never share your mascara with other people.
- If you see clumps happening on your lashes, use a spoolie brush and gently brush it from roots to tips.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Daily mascara wearers who have the length and volume and needs the definition!
Where to purchase and how much?
It will be sold at Benefit Boutique, Greenbelt 5 for Php1,200 (approx $27.00)
R- Applied 3 coats of Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara
As you can see, the after look maybe nothing on photo but in real life, it's a huge deal for me as I get to see each of my lashes pops out! Can you imagine how gorgeous this mascara is on ladies who have naturally long and thick lashes? *jealous button on!*
Though I did not curl my lashes, it "uplifts" my lashes a bit
after mascara application
L-R Bare Lashes,
with They're Real Beyond Mascara,
with They're Real Beyond Mascara and curling!
Have you tried Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara?
How about Benefit's Bad Gal Lash Mascara?
If you tried both, which one do you prefer?
Like Benefit Philippines on Facebook to get updated on events, contests and promos.