Congratulations to ---
Remember when I tweeted and "Instagramed" about the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup last year? I did share that one of the pot I received will be given out as giveaway for 1 Lucky AMW reader to try this product as well! And yes, I am sticking to my promise so keep reading my detailed review and a a quick giveaway will follow shortly! :)
As you guys read my previous reviews on most Revlon foundations, so far, I don't have problems with them and I'm actually quite impressed with the quality of their foundations. I have loved the Revlon Custom Creations for normal skin and Revlon Colorstay Foundation with Softflex for Oily and Combination skin!
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in Sand Beige
Revlon says ---
Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy.
- Buildable to full coverage for flawless skin
- Soft, matte finish all day long
- Withstands heat and humidity – great for summer
- Comes in 16 beautiful shades
AMW says ---
- Packaging in terms of glass packaging with sturdy plastic lid to grab product for hygiene purpose.
- Paraben and talc-free.
- Gives a dewy, matte finish.
- Build-able coverage. Max would be medium heavy coverage.
- Keeps skin grease-free for the rest of the day.
- Doesn't transfer on clothing as compared to other liquid/cream foundation.
- Skin doesn't feel heavy.
- Long-lasting for people with dry skin while oily-skinned individuals may find this product still a bit longer lasting as compared to other liquid foundations due to the presence of dimethicone.
- Has a bit of plastic-y scent which doesn't last.
- Could flake around dry areas if not moisturized properly.
- Difficult to pick the perfect shade for you as there are 2-3 shades almost similar to each other.
- Contains Dimethicone, a silicone-based foundation making smooth application easier as it fills in lines and wrinkles while the presence of this ingredient could cause allergic reactions to people with sensitive skin.
- Glass packaging - can keep product fresh for longer period of time though it is a bit of a hassle to tote along for travel due to its weight and possibility to break.
- Apply to clean skin.
- Using your fingertips or applicator, blend foundation onto skin, starting in the center of your face, forehead, nose and chin blending outward.
- As much as possible, use a spatula to pick product instead of dipping your fingers, sponge or brush directly to the product.
- Practice various ways of application to get the desired result. Try using your fingers, sponge or brush. In my case, I prefer using brush for soft-focus finish and a damp sponge for heavier coverage minus the dryness.
- Moisturize dry areas to prevent skin flaking and apply oil-control primer on areas that tend to oil up.
- Oily skinned individuals may need to blot or set with oil-control face powder throughout the day to keep oilies at bay.
- The Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup can double up as concealer, grab a tiny amount and apply a bit more with patting motion on areas that needed more coverage.
- Please do not purchase product based on the shade as seen on packaging. They all look quite similar on glass packaging so trying on tester is the best way to choose the right shade for you.
The Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation is meant for people looking for medium to heavy coverage with soft dewy matte finish. The foundation is a bit difficult to work with at first but with constant practice, finding the best way to apply this will create good results. Lightweight and long lasting even on warm weather.
Will I repurchase?
Not for me as I'm not into cream foundations on daily basis! I won't mind recommending this though.
To whom do I recommend this to?
This product will work for all skin types!
Where to purchase and how much?
At local Revlon counters for Php975.00 (approx $24.37).
Packaging of Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme
Glass packaging comes with a sturdy plastic lid.
Shade tested: Sand Beige
Sand Beige suits medium skin with yellow undertone.
Sand Beige is a tad bit darker than my MAC NC20 skin so I think this shade would work well on NC30-35 skin. The texture of Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme doesn't feel exactly like a regular whipped cream you can find in your kitchen, it is a bit thicker in consistency, easy to blend and has a matte finish.
Now, ON to the giveaway! I am giving away Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup in Nude! Please follow instructions and I hope whoever the winner is will be able to put this in good use! :)
- Like AskMeWhats on Facebook.
- Comment in this blog post ONCE together with your name and email address. Answer this question: "Which part of my review made you want to try Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup?"
- Contest starts TODAY ending February 28, 2013.
- Open to Philippine residents only.
- 1 winner will be picked via Fruit Machine.
- Winner will be notified via email and must respond within 48 hours or a new winner will be picked.
- I will ship the item via courier to the lucky winner.
That's it! Quick and easy right? To the rest who have tried this foundation, can you share to me your experience using this? Do you like it a lot?