When I traveled to Korea a couple of years ago, I hoarded so much on Eyebrow Pencils --- from brands like Nature Republic, Tony Moly, Skin Food, The Face Shop, I hoarded the most from Etude House!
So when I picked Easy Brow Pencil (for the sake of review), it brought back so much "hoarding" memories I'm actually smiling at the moment. And yes, brow pencils are the easiest to hoard because of their inexpensive price tag.
Etude House Easy Brow Pencil #2 says ---
Shades: 1 Dark Brown, 2 Brown, 3 Black, 4 Dark Gray
AMW says ---
- Comes with pencil and brow brush. (By the way, I just realized it came with a brush after a month's use!)
- Pigmentation is good, not too waxy, texture is just right.
- Stays almost the whole day if prepped properly. If you have oily skin or you use loads of skin care products underneath, the product MAY slide off after 4-5 hours.
- Comes in 4 shades which most Filipinas can relate to!
- No smudging or smearing.
- Need to sharpen since this is a pencil type, not retractable one.
- You may lose the cap because you can't click the cap at the bottom of the pencil for safety like most pencils!
- If you have light-colored hair, a separate brow mascara is needed to "lighten" your brows especially if you have dark brows like I do.
An inexpensive yet good quality eyebrow pencil that I highly recommend for all make up starters to try! The Etude House Easy Brow Pencil have a good texture, smooth yet not so waxy so it stays almost all day! At the same time, pigmentation is just right so it is an easy brow product even for first-time brow pencil users.
- Always brush brow hairs neatly before you start applying.
- Always apply with light hand.
- Start from the middle portion of your brows applying same direction as the growth of brow hairs.
- Brush off excess "pigment" if "brow game" appears too strong.
- If you have dark brows like I do and your hair is lighter than your brows, always follow up with a brow mascara.
- Feel free to check back my How to Draw Brows Using Brow Pencil.
I will still go for retractable brow pencils (even from same brand) like the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil considering the price points aren't too far from each other and that one, I don't need to sharpen (lazy girl here!)
To whom do I recommend this to?
First-time brow makeup users! Always start with pencils, it is the easiest to use with lesser mistakes! Also, I find brow pencils are perfect for users with scarce brows as compared to the ones with full brows like I do.
Where to purchase and how much?
Priced at Php128.00 (approx $2.90) each available at Etude House stores nationwide.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/etudehousephilippines
Shade #2 looks grayish brown on pencil.
It comes with a brush on the opposite side which I'm quite surprised the quality is really good! It is also unique and not like the usual "Brow spoolie".
Swatch: Etude House Easy Brow Pencil Shade #2 BrownWhat I like about the #2 Brown shade is that it is more of a medium brown shade than reddish brown! Reddish brown will always be a no-no when it comes to trying to achieve natural-looking brows (not unless you have red hair!)
How to apply the Brow Pencil
I always like to start from the center of my brows mimicking brow hairs. Then once I'm happy, with the lightest hand, I apply the inner corner with upward motion (same as the growth of brow hairs) as shown on 2nd photo.
Before And AfterAs you can see, the effect of Brown is really natural on me, all I need to do is to "color" my brow hairs to match with my hair color!
You can't beat the price for a good quality brow product!
I don't mind trying out more of these eyebrow pencils from Korean Brands because I always get positive results!
What's your favorite Korean Brand Brow Pencil?
Other Etude House brow products you may want to try ---
Etude House Color My Brows
Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit
Etude House Sugar Tint Balm