If you are a long-time reader of AMW, you'll know how much I loved Gel liners and I used and tried a couple of brands!
From Coastal Scents (raise your hand if you still remember this brand), Makeup Masala Gel Liners, San San gel Eyeliner with Vitamin E, Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner, Kate Gel Eyeliner, ELF Studio Creme Eyeliner, Stila Smudgepots, MAC Fluidline and the list goes on and on!
As you can see, I don't discriminate makeup brands or price points! What is important for me...is the effectiveness of the product! If it works and is super affordable, you'll know where it'll go --- Eureka Moment!
I recently got to try FS by F21 Cosmetics from BDJ Box for the month of September 2014. Thankfully, this gel liner is included in the box because I wouldn't purchase any gel liner because I just have too many as of the moment!
FS by the way stands for Fanny Serrano, Fanny Serrano is a well known local Makeup Artist for the stars and his collaboration with Fashion 21 Cosmetics is really wonderful because most of the products from the FS line works really well!
I know I'm blabbing so much again, I should just get on to the review right? Well, just so you know, my first FS by F21 Long-Wear Gel Liner is in color Brown which I love because Brown is a perfect gel liner shade for everyday look!
FS by F21 Cosmetics says ---
A long-lasting, gel-based, water-proof liquid eyeliner that's soft on the lids and rich in definition.
Shades: Black and Brown
Made in Taiwan
Ingredients: Isododecane, Cycolopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Cera Alba, Synthetic Wax, Microcyrstaline wax, Polyethylene, Triglyceride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Magnesium Stearate
AMW says ---
- Comes with a free brush.
- Good pigmentation.
- Creamy yet dries quickly upon application.
- Easy to remove with regular eye makeup remover.
- Each pot comes with a "protection seal" which you can reuse to prevent gel liner from drying out easily on packaging.
- Matte brown which looks very natural even when applies thickly.
- Will smudge on oily-lidded users.
- Brush - the handle could be too short for first time users.
Creamy, highly pigmented gel liner that lasts for more than 5 hours for normal lids. Will smudge a bit on oily-lidded users.
- Prevent from applying on the lower lash line to prevent smudging.
- Wipe excess product from brush after every use to prevent product build-up.
- Wash your brush or spritz it with brush cleaner after every use to prevent eye allergies.
- Always start gel liner application at the center of your eye and gently extend the line going inside and outside of your eye.
- Once you grab enough product on brush, wipe excess "gel liner" at the sides of the pot so you get just the right amount of gel.
- Store your gel liner pot upside down so the top portion will stay creamy.
- Use your favorite eye liner brush if you're more comfortable using a brush with longer handle.
Yes. This isn't bad considering I have normal lids so this liner do not smudge much on me.
To whom do I recommend this to?
Brown works for everyone! FS by F21 Gel Liners work well on users with normal lids.
Where to purchase and how much?
Available at F21 stalls priced at Php225.00 (approx $5.00) each.
Gel Liner application using the free FS by F21 Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner brush.
Keep in mind to keep drawing short strokes connecting each line.
NEVER draw a straight line in an instant as your eyes are curved...
(they are not flat like that of a paper).
Before and After
The effect is very natural. Brown is matte brown with a hint of reddish tint.
Have you tried FS by F21 Gel Eyeliners?
Will you purchase this after reading my review?
Please LIKE AskMeWhats on Facebook
Follow AskMeWhats on Twitter
Get "photo-updated" on Instagram (search "AskMeWhats")